• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ChickensToo
    Teacup Member

• ChickensToo
    replied
    Thanks for the support, all!

I definitely was planning on attending the show in Tacoma, but may need to re-evaluate if I am unemployed. I have to see if they have a "student" rate or maybe I can just do one seminar and focus on mingling. Amber, where are you located? I love the idea of seeing people in their work environment - I've been kind of isolated driving the mobile van. I am also happy to send you a resume and references if you think that would help.
    Cheers,
    Alissa

Leave a comment:

• itsgot2bme
    Standard Member & Club 1,000

• itsgot2bme
    replied
    Welcome to the forum! I hope you're able to find a way to get trained in your area because your passion is quite evident! Good luck and once again welcome!

Leave a comment:

• AMelena
    Miniature Member

• AMelena
    replied
    Also! The Northwest Grooming Show is happening next month and there's a ton of AMAZING seminars to attend! I've found that a lot of shops and employers are more likely to take you seriously as a groomer if you attend seminars and make an attempt to further your education outside of a grooming school.

http://www.barkleigh.com/nw10/nw10_program/#/12/

Leave a comment:

• AMelena
    Miniature Member

• AMelena
    replied
    Welcome Alissa!

I also can't offer a position, but I do know of a few groomers around here that offer apprenticeships. I'll poke at them and see if any have any openings for you.

-Amber

Leave a comment:

• Cat Crazy
    Standard Member & Club 1,000

• Cat Crazy
    replied
    Welcome Alissa,

I can't offer you work - the commute would be a killer, (LOL) but I wanted to wish you luck in finding work/training. Your enthusiasm for grooming and learning is evident in your post.

Leave a comment:

• ChickensToo
    Teacup Member

• ChickensToo
    started a topic Hello! (Sorry, cuz this one is long)

Hello! (Sorry, cuz this one is long)

I have been enjoying and learning from these amazing message boards for the past several months. Informative, funny, helpful, generous, smart are just some of the adjectives I would apply! Seriously, it has been so great to learn from everyone on here. A little about me: I live in N. Seattle and just got into grooming within the last six months. The economy (and finally having both kids in school all day) forced a quick re-entry into the work force and I decided to try doing what I've always wanted to do but somehow never did. So, I got a job with Aussie Pet Mobile (I know, I know, if you keep reading you'll forgive me, I think, LOL). I didn't have any money for Maser's (only grooming school that I know of within a reasonable drive) and the Pet-something computerized application just spit at me because I had been out of the workforce for so long! So, I got the very minimal on-the-job training that APM offers and started work. I absolutely adore grooming! My customers have been very happy (tells you about APM standards) and I have worked very hard to gain skills. I read this and other forums all the time and try to accumulate books and videos as I can. So, now the divine justice portion of the story - my boss is going out of business at the end of the month. I would still love to attend grooming school, but Maser's is waitlisted til the end of the summer. So, does anyone in the Seattle area need a bather/grooming assistant? I can provide great references from employers, customers, etc. I have no pretensions to being a fully-trained groomer. I can do some tasks well, but would almost prefer to learn from the ground up, as I don't know what I don't know!
    Thanks for reading through this! I was hoping to meet people at the grooming show in March, but if I am unemployed I don't think I will be able to attend.
    Cheers,
    Alissa
Working...
X