Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• izzysmama2002
    replied
    ya but if you did mousse we both could compete lol hint hint lol whatever will be fine im sure its all good

Leave a comment:

• Moonpiepoodlz
    replied
    Originally posted by izzysmama2002 View Post
    geesh figures Shawn would beat me to getting to use Caly grrr thanks shawn lol. Although I will be using a briard in the others class that will be fun too
    Sorry Deb...I'll keep you posted since it's a toss up right now between Mousse and Caly. Caly's better for shaving her feet than Mousse and stands better than he does. Mousse has more hair though.

Leave a comment:

• izzysmama2002
    replied
    grr Shawn

geesh figures Shawn would beat me to getting to use Caly grrr thanks shawn lol. Although I will be using a briard in the others class that will be fun too

Leave a comment:

• AMelena
    replied
    I will definitely be there! I'm already saving up for it! I hope to be able to buy myself some fun new tools too.

I plan on having Caly all done up for the wedding but to be honest I'm more nervous about that then anything else involving the wedding! I won't have time to groom her the week going up to the date because I'll be down in California. So I have to find another groomer to take care of her. Scary!

Leave a comment:

• azoci
    replied
    That sounds like fun!

Are you going to have her done up for the wedding? I've done that on a couple of different occasions, the dogs turned out really pretty.

I bet Shawn will do a wonderful job. So, you going to be at the show to cheer then on? We all need to get togehter and have dinner or something.

Leave a comment:

• AMelena
    replied
    I think a German would look super cute on my Caly. But I trust Shawn and I know she'll make her look wonderful. As long as she looks beautiful come my wedding in June, I'm good.

Leave a comment:

• luvpups
    replied
    For those of you with the shorter ears, you can always do a German trim.

Leave a comment:

• azoci
    replied
    EEEha!

I found my Dragon comb! In a box of course! Now I just have to find my way back out of the dungeon of boxes! Thank You Liz Paul for creating these combs! It may be old, but it's seen it's share of Poodles and it's still in great shape!

Leave a comment:

• azoci
    replied
    Thanks for the tip!

That was my thought with Dante. Keep what needs to grow out , growing, and start to shape things up. I figured with 8 weeks til the show I can do him out Friday, see what he needs and have 2 months to grow hair! I think I'll keep it simple to start with, I mean, spirals or patternes and such not needed in the Poodle ring? I know they have a score for difficulty...but I see many in just a Lamb or Modern...What do you think? And I'll have enough to worry about with getting all his angles and curves in the right place!

You know, they do take in account for medical reasons, like for the short ears because of the medical issue, you just have to work them into whatever you are going to do, I suppose.

Yep, I've been reding the rules! But man any tips I can get I'll take it and run with it! Thanks again.
    AND I still haven't found my combs! still looking!

Leave a comment:

• Full_Groom
    replied
    Hey guys, this show may be coming up fairly soon, but don't go into the ring with TONS of hair. You only need about 6 weeks of growth for most competitions and most dogs. I mean, grow out the areas you need to, but keep trimming the rest, and shape up the areas as they are growing out. You'll have a heck of a time getting a good finish if you're whacking off lots of hair.

Leave a comment:

• AMelena
    replied
    No problem, Shawn. Though, Mike's keeping her brushed out for me now since my hand is out of commission. I make sure he does a good job! Though, one more thing I just thought about, I had to take her ears down last month because of the ear medicine she had. I don't know what they'll take points off for at this kind of thing but it's only fair to let you know before you count on her.

Leave a comment:

• plushpuppy
    replied
    I'm excited just to sit and watch and to spend MONEY!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• azoci
    replied
    Oh, and I just

got the parts ordered for my old Bonet stand dryer...Carl is going to fix it so I don't have to take the one out of the rig every time I need to go do Dante, or going to the show. And the Bonet has a handle on the top of it, the one in the rig doesn't. OK, so I'm going to be the groomer with the old skaggy dryer, but it'll work great! LOLOL

Leave a comment:

• azoci
    replied
    Not sure yet...

I'm going in Friday to evaluate him. Nancy said he's got about 6 week growth out from an E comb...in another 2 months hopefully he'll have enough coat to do something with. It's always been an issue for me to have a Poodle with enough coat! I just hope he does have some nice length by then. Since he's still sort of puppy coat, I'm not sure how well he'll scissor, but I do have a few 'tricks" up my sleve. Just depends on how much HAIR he'll have! I plan to work with him every week, I'll need too...

... I'm so out of practice with a standard...now if I could just find my Dragon comb....heck, I may have to go buy a new dang comb! How bad is that?! I do have my old Poodle comb...but where did the Dragon get put????? (as I rip into another box looking for it).
    Pam

Leave a comment:

• Moonpiepoodlz
    replied
    Originally posted by azoci View Post
    Dante isn't getting a hair cut either...now I just have to get my practice in, and make sure I can put a decent style on him! Pam
    What are you going to do on Dante?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X