Thinking of relocating to Williamsburg area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of relocating to Williamsburg area

Hi everyone... I'm curious about how the grooming scene is in Williamsburg. I know there's a lot of tourism there. Also, would it be realistic to commute to Newport News?
    Thanks!

Hi Daffy.
    I don't live in VA but mapquest lists the difference as 30 minutes (that might be on days without heavy traffic).
    What I would suggest is making the trip yourself during the morning and evening and see how traffic and gas miles go for you.
    If it is 30 minutes, that is the same as my current commute, so I'd say that's definitely realistic.

Good luck

Amy

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
    Hi everyone... I'm curious about how the grooming scene is in Williamsburg. I know there's a lot of tourism there. Also, would it be realistic to commute to Newport News?
    Thanks!
    If you prick us, do we not bleed? -w.m. Shakespeare

Comment

Hi Amy,
      I would make the trip, but I'm currently living in Indiana! LOL I was basically just wondering if moving to Williamsburg might be a lucrative thing. Grooming in my area is rather depressed and I'd love to get into a nice, steady, consistent shop. I have family in Williamsburg so it's definitely a possibility for me. I saw a few grooming shops online in Newport News also. The actual distance and traffic free commute of 30 mins is nothing (it almost takes me that long just to get to the grocery store anyways here!!!) but what I was really worried about would be traffic conditions. Bumper to bumper stuff that can turn a half hour commute into a 2 hour one. But, honestly, even that would be worth it to work at the right place.

Comment

Working...
      X