Looking for new clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new clients

Im a in home groomer and if anyone knows any one looking for one if you can please email me with there info or I can give you mine to give to them. I do any dog under 20 pounds right now. I have been grooming for over 10 years. Im Certified with the NDGAA. Im located in manassas va. Thank you for all your help.

Welcome

Hi Mariastar82! Welcome to the board.

When I moved my salon, I was looking to add new customers. The best bang for my buck was to offer a referral reward to my existing customers. For every new customer that books and gets their pet groomed, the referring customer gets 5% off their next groom. It's amazing how many people will start taking your cards and advertising your work.

Good luck
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

When you say "in home", do you mean housecall, where you go to the client's house, or that you work from your own home?

Those magnetic signs you can put on your vehicle are another decent investment.

Welcome to the forum, btw!
      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
        When you say "in home", do you mean housecall, where you go to the client's house, or that you work from your own home?

sorry yes I did mean house call groomer. I go and groom inside peoples houses. I do plan on getting a mobile but I want to build up first and get a flow of money coming in.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you both for your ideas.

Comment

I do housecall part time. I tried print adv, passing out brochures, mailing them out to other local animal care services. Nada!!! I did a web site with Vista Print and listed it on Google, thats were I get most of my calls. That, and refferals. It tool a long while to get built up to where I needed to be part time. I still also work in a shop,, ack, I have no life,,lmao. Good luck!!!

Comment

I have gotten quite a few new clients using Yelp and Google Places.
              Best of luck!
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

My best forms of advertising have been...

flyers in dog parks and my website. My referral program is moderately successful, but not what I had hoped. My clients do refer people, but they don't follow up often. For the dog park flyers, I bought a laminating machine on amazon. I laminate my signs and attach business cards to them. It is practically free and I have gotten a lot of my business from them. If you don't have a website, that is a necessity these days. Most people search the web when they are looking for someone. You also have to update it frequently, so that it stays at the top of the listings for your business. People pretty much look at the first page when they put in search terms, so you want to be there. I also carry cards with me all the time. If I talk to someone who mentions their dog, I work into the conversation that I am a groomer. If they seem interested, I give them a card. You may be able to put cards or brochures at a nearby doggie daycare, if they don't already work with a groomer. Good luck!

Comment

I'm also a house call groomer and have a blog here all about it. I wrote an article about advertising that you might want to check out

http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_...ouse-call.html
                  My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post

The car magnets are awesome. I get more clients just going to the grocery store. Alway's carry your cards to give out when someone asks you about your car magnets.

Comment

Working...
                    X