East TX groomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East TX groomers

I am way out in Longview, Gilmer, Tyler area. Anyone else out here!

Hi There!!

Sorry..not in your area, but I am in Texas....Houston area.....not many people from Texas on here it seems and if they are, they are not Texas Friendly..
    Are you mobile or stationary? I am mobile and love it!!
    Look forward to hearing from you

Amanda

Comment

Off Lake Livingston here

Fairly new to this place but trying to learn

Comment

I live in between you both! Buffalo right now, but moving to Bryan/College Station here in a couple of week. I'm not a pro groomer or anything.. I only groom my own standard poodles. I have thought about becoming a groomer, but I don't know if I could handle it (my hands get so sore even from brushing my 2 poodles).

Comment

OMG u guys I got bit today

BNB - I work in a pet store that sells puppies that they breed, they groom thier own dogs and opened a groom shop. I kinda stumbled upon it. Turns out they have only been open in that location since the day after Thanksgiving. Cute. So I bit. I wasnt even really looking for a job. I love grooming. I got bit today and I still love it. poor puppy, but thats another story.

Nice to meet you Sadiesmom

Lonestar nice to meet you, it will be interesting to see what you decide, you already have an account here. You can learn a lot from here. Just last night I was reading about bichon heads on here just for fun and I NEVER get bichons in. I got one today and had a BALL!

Comment

Reading the 'behind the scenes' from groomers sure does help. Between reading this board, and grooming my own poodles... I have way more appreciation for the pro's and all the work that really goes on to make a dog look good. It's not easy grooming a poodle!

I might try getting a job as a bather after we move. I know that would sure help as well to get my foot in the door. Right now, my main thing is I really want to learn to groom poodles. I love all breeds, but there's just something about poodles I just adore.

Comment

poodles

I did my best poodle yet. I so rarely get to do full poodle cuts, with bracelets and a full topknot. This poodle had great hair! I washed and hand velocity dried my bichon and then the same with my poodle. I brushed out the bichon and took forever trimming him and when I came back to my poodle someone had got his coat wet and it started to curl again! I wanted to be mad that someone would be so careless, but I was having too much fun! I wish I had taken pictures but we did 12 dogs yesterday and I was TOO busy!

Comment

From East Texas

Hi there! I am from Kilgore. So not too far from you.
                I am working out of my house until I can go Mobile.
                I started in Dec 2009 and still a newbie!!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  Does S.E. Texas count? Splendora area here... I'll go swat my daughter (lilgroomer) and make her shy self come and say "hi" too! I'd love to have people who are "close" to yak with and bounce idea's off of.

Comment

Howdy!!
                    Splendora Tx is where I live. Nice to meet you all.I love my state and I am proud of my career.

Comment

Lonestar- bathing is the BEST place to start. remember when bathing your own poos, never use a heavy conditioner or anything that will make your coat silky, on days you trim. You want that coat to stand up light as a feather when you force dry it straight.

DDS- Good luck!

MinPin and Lilgroomer- nice to meet ya'll. I love chatting!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane512 View Post
                        MinPin and Lilgroomer- nice to meet ya'll. I love chatting!
                        Looking forward to it!

Comment

cyn

Hi! I am in Lindale and have been grooming here for 22yrs. I have recently relocated from grooming in vet clinics (10yrs in 1 and 12 in other) to a log cabin at my home location. I love it!! Look forward to hearing from other groomers.
                          Cyn w/Schnauzer Snips
                          Originally posted by Jane512 View Post
                          I am way out in Longview, Gilmer, Tyler area. Anyone else out here!
                          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Hey texans! Grooming in Katy, just outside of Houston. Had a shop for 5 years, but shut it down as a birthday present for my son's first big day. wouldn't you know it, most of my clients followed me to my house and my converted 3 room garage with full ac. It is awesome with the reduced overhead and time for babyboy to play with the dogs in the yard. Nice to keep all the money for myself, but I took a job 1.5 days a week so I get grownup interaction and my son gets to play with others.

Comment

cyn

Hello everyone!

Is the dry weather in east texas giving eveybdoy elses dogs the itchys? My personal dogs are about to scratch themselves silly. Most clients are having the same thing happen with their pets. Using oatmeal and relief shampoos but will only keep them from scratching a couple of days. No fleas!! One the bright side it did rain yesterday so maybe the itch will go away. Love my home location but 11/2 days of people conversation outside of grooming (lady from katy) would be interesting versers dog conversations only. Lol.
                              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X