Sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening

I need a little help with finding a sharpener hopefully someone local to Chester County. So who does everyone use????

Good Sharpener

I'm not in Chester, PA. But if you don't find someone local, which is always nice, give Jeff a try; Northern Tails. His work is good, reliable and reasonable. He knows his stuff! His turn-arouind time is quick, too !!

I have tried the local guys in my area, I ended up having to replace items!

sittingpretty

Comment

I'm in Chester County as well. I send my stuff to Love's Sharpening in Alabama (or at least I think that's the right state).

Linda

Comment

I couldn't find anyone local. I had a guy that used to come to my store and do everything there, he was really good at shears but not so good at the blades. I send my stuff out now to Fine Edge, in Virginia. Very good turn around time and I've been happy so far!

Comment

Fine Edge and Love's are GREAT...and so is Frank Rowe (you can google him). He's in the Hershey area.

Comment

I have a guy that came to our shop a few2 weeks ago and he was kinda creapy so I was intimidated and decided Id send my stuff to northe3rn trails ,I dont like creapy guys at my shop when I m there alone.I just got "that" feeling.I had a guy I was giving a tour to a few months ago and I leaned into a room to flick the light switch and he leaned over me so when I stood back up right he was on my shoulder.I now have a concealed weapons permit.I didnt like thqt helpless feeling.sorry guys I hate being sexist Im jsut 5 foot tall (almost) and 95 pounds it would not take a huge fella to overpower me.And I dont like that feeling.

Comment

Randy Lowe at Precision Sharp in Pennsylvania is a great sharpener. One of the best.
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

We use Precision Sharp and Southern Clipper Blades & Scissor Sharpeners. Both do a really good job. Randy's really nice and Joe will do them right in the parking lot for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ferretlov View Post
                  I have a guy that came to our shop a few2 weeks ago and he was ,,,pounds it would not take a huge fella to overpower me.And I dont like that feeling.
                  Years ago a mobile sharpener appeared in our city and was walking into shops soliciting for sharpening. Turned out he was just taking blades and shears from people, then dissapeared into thin air.

Comment

Working...
                  X