Hi, Everyone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Everyone!!!

I'm a new member, having just registered today. I'm not a groomer (yet), but I hope to be one soon!!! I was the owner of a small all natural pet store/dog bakery for 6 yrs. that I had to close last year (2008) because of the bad economy. I'm now laid off (from a production job I really didn't like anyway) and would like to take advantage of this time to learn grooming. Unfortunately I'm not in the position where I can go away to school and their aren't any grooming schools in my area. I've been searching the internet for books and online training courses, but I would really like to work with, and learn from, someone in the business. I'm also interested in working with any rescue organizations in the area that could use some help with grooming.

Hello yourself and welcome to the board! Where in Pennsylvania are you? We're in Mountaintop, which is between Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton. Sorry to hear about your former business, but I congratulate you on making the most of it and wanting to try a new career. If you live close enough, please stop in and say howdy. We'd love to meet you.
    Happy holidays!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Hanover Township, it's just outside Wilkes Barre and about 20 mins. from Mountaintop. I'd love to stop in and meet you. What's the name of your shop?

Comment

Well heck, you can't get much closer to us if you tried! It's called Auntie Liz's Diamonds in the Ruff and it's right on Rte 309 across from P&D Pet Supply. The phone # here is 474-5421 and we're here Tues- Sat from 8:30 to 5 or when the last dog goes home, whichever is later. We would love to come visit. It's a pretty laid back shop, company is always welcome. Liz and Maggie

Comment

Working...
        X