Looking for tips on starting Mobile grooming in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for tips on starting Mobile grooming in Ohio

I am interested in starting my own mobile grooming business in Ohio. I have 20 years of experience as a Vet Tech but need to learn the art of grooming. No one in the area is interested in doing hands on training so I'm looking at on-line classes. I'm searching for a grooming vehicle as well. If you are in Ohio and have any information you wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate it 😊

For the record I know hard to do but you can travel out of state to schools. Get a pt or ft job as a bather to get some experience first. You can continue your job if you have too and bathe on weekends or whatever. Petco Petsmart might train you by the way. But after basics you can learn by streaming with jodimurphy.net or learn2groomdogs.com. You really need at least a year of experience after school before you go alone. Even longer you will still be learning too.

Comment

Well said Alaska Rose!

Learn to groom FIRST and then think about a van!

Comment

Agree with the above posts.....mobile is for EXPERIENCED groomers
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

When you get out of school you will not have groomed MANY types of dogs. I would get a year's experience and learn about client interactions too. Then do tons of streaming videos. When I was in school there were terriers I never groomed, poodles, more.

Comment

You have to make a decision between van or trailer too. Have you thought about that?

Comment

Write a business plan. Use the "box." Sent you a PM, I have been writing one for months for my future plans. They even have a sample mobile plan.

Comment

So important to have a projection like that with realistic figures for what you think you will make in sales, your costs and how much you need to live on.

Comment

Working...
                X