Grooming license.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming license.

We were looking at the space im going to rent out for my business. I was asked if I had a grooming license, or if it was needed to even open up shop in NC. As far as I know, you dont need one. Pretty much anyone can open a shop *which is creepy...*

Anyone else know differently?

You need a business license, but that is true of ANY business. In NC any Joe Schmoe can call themselves a groomer and open up a shop.

Comment

well ive taken a grooming course and had training through my boss. So thats a plus. I do have a diploma to hang on the wall!!! hehe

Comment

I thought that NC groomers had to have a pesticide handlers licenses as well. COuld be wrong and NO idea how to get one, just something I remember reading.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

ive never even heard of that license!

Comment

No but

If you plan on doing most flea treatments you do have to have a pesticide license, which is annoying to get. It consists of several classes you may have to travel to, depending on where you're at, and a test. Oh, and don't forget the money you have to pay to get that license. I personally do not carry the license but I know what natural shampoos I can get by with using. Don't think they'll never know because they go by business licenses. Once you get your license just give it a while and you will get an unannounced visit and inspection. Good Luck to you.

Comment

i actually did a pesticide license search for my county in NC, and it doesnt show that i would need that specific license at all.

Comment

Not sure if it's a county by county thing. But I can give you the state inspectors phone number if you'd like. Just let me know and I'll send you a PM with his name and number. You don't want to get caught without it if you need it because there is a fine involved if you don't pass your inspection with flying colors.

Comment

Oh, i looked it up by county, and it said my county had nothing about needing a specific license. and if you use an all natural flea product thats ok right?

Comment

don't have a pesticide lcense in NC

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                    I thought that NC groomers had to have a pesticide handlers licenses as well. COuld be wrong and NO idea how to get one, just something I remember reading.
                    Hi,
                    I groom in NC and if you are using dipping chemicals, then you need to be licensed.

Soapy

Comment

Could I get his info? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X