Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Pet Fair meetup?????

Hey yall,
    Looks like alot of us are going. It would be cool if we could all meet up down there! This will be my first time so i was thinking maybe one of yall who is familiar with the hotel could name a place and time in the hotel (like the bar, for ex) and we could all show up. I think that would be sooo fun.Any takers???? I'll be leaving Wed. and coming back sunday so I'll be there the whole weekend. I'm going with my friend who is competing w/ bichons. This is going to be a great experience! Hershey was way fun so I'm sure Atlanta will be awesome. So, anyone want to make a plan?
    -Anda (Geddy- on the board)

Geddy, there's a cool sports bar on the lower level of the hotel that has a little outside patio area. It's just at the end of the escalator, which starts near the front desk.

The hotel is very nice and well laid out, but the dining there can be a bit pricey.

I'm going to try to make it there myself, but it's still up in the air. I may only just come down for one night, but I'd love to take some of the seminars and get some shopping in

Maybe the NC'ers could put something on their name tags to show others where they are from?

Comment

Last year we all went out for dinner (what fun), and someone (sorry I can't remember who) made up name tags with our avatars on them and our screen names. That really helped.
      "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

The sports bar will be the only restaurant at the show. The other restaurants are now actually going to be Vendor areas. APF has gotten sooo awesome and big that it is taking over :-)

Comment

Last year we had a PG.com get together on Saturday evening and went to eat Mexican. We had a blast and I think they might be planning another one this year. I hope so because I think we have some coming this year that couldn't make it last year. Keep an eye out for the thread on the board. When you get to Atlanta make sure you stop by and see Chuck (groomer's helper). Chuck is our center for information and just a great guy. Look forward to meeting you in Atlanta.
          ~*~Robin~*~
          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by I Care View Post
            Last year we all went out for dinner (what fun), and someone (sorry I can't remember who) made up name tags with our avatars on them and our screen names. That really helped.
            Gracy Rose (Kristen) and I put them together, I had to cancel the trip at the last minute because my Mom had very unexpected health issues. Anyway, I can make them again if you would like. Whatever works. I SHOULD be there this year.
            Jacob

Comment

Jacob, I didn't get one of your wonderful name tags last year but sure would love to have one this year if you're making them. Can't wait to meet you all.
              ~*~Robin~*~
              "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot who put them together they were GREAT and that would be great if you could do it again this year =)

SharPeiMom, they where at the Groomers Helper booth =D

Originally posted by Full_Groom View Post
                Gracy Rose (Kristen) and I put them together, I had to cancel the trip at the last minute because my Mom had very unexpected health issues. Anyway, I can make them again if you would like. Whatever works. I SHOULD be there this year.
                "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

I'm going. Getting there late Thursday evening and staying till Sunday. Would love to meet some of the NC groomers!

Comment

I am going!

I would love to meet up with you all too. I will be coming up and staying in my apartment I currently have on wednesday evening, and staying til maybe saturday or sunday. I never got one of your name tags either! :-( But, I would love to have all of us Nc'ers (sp?) to meet up! :-)

Comment

We will be there at least one day for at least some shopping....Saturday maybe?!I've gone to the Hershey one every year for a while now but not really this one.

Comment

Someone made reservations for us last year for the restaurant but I don't remember who. Can anyone remember? We probably need to find out who all is going and get some reservations. Seems like we're going to have more this year and it really was a highlight of the event.
                        ~*~Robin~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                          The sports bar will be the only restaurant at the show. The other restaurants are now actually going to be Vendor areas. APF has gotten sooo awesome and big that it is taking over :-)
                          Are you sure? That really sucks, they have the WORST service in the world, and now everyone is going to have to eat there? Decent food, just super slow. I have been there 3 times and every time it is bad. I may be doing some ordering in for my meals!
                          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Originally posted by luvpups View Post
                            Are you sure? That really sucks, they have the WORST service in the world, and now everyone is going to have to eat there? Decent food, just super slow. I have been there 3 times and every time it is bad. I may be doing some ordering in for my meals!
                            DITTO!

I'll order some fries and take them back to the room. But, other than that, I think I'll be heading to the Waffle House down the road... (Think I'll bring some bread and lunchmeat to put in the fridge, too.)

Comment

Working...
                            X