Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Butts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aussie Butts

    Hey, I'm looking for a groomer in the Townsend &/or Helena, MT area for a client that just moved there. She has two Aussies that she takes superb care of. Brushes them to perfection! Hope to find someone that is familiar with show type grooming. Not everyone knows how to do Aussie "tails";-)). Thanks in advance for any replies. DEB in Lewistown.

  • #2
    I don't know what to do with their tails. I usually just do a squarish round bunny tail that blends in. The under part usually ends up looking kinda triangled from the tip to the brown eye.. Sorry, im not helping, but do you have a picture of what they're supposed to look like?

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
    <a href="http://funkypuppy.wordpress.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://funkypuppy.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/fpsiggie1.jpg"></a>

    Comment


    • #3
      You mean the Aussie smile?
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

      Comment


      • #4
        If the tail is docked correctly close to the body, I use thinners to make a "smile" with the colored hair on a black tri or merle slightly blending into the britches. Try to not trim the copper colored hair under the tail or around the anus. The look your aiming for is to flatten the topline & shorten the back. I've used the colored dogs to try & illustrate what I'm saying since I don't have a pic handy. If their tail is docked too long or a half tail I don't usually do anything to it unless there is a fecal problem. They almost always end up looking silly if you do!

        Comment


        • #5
          Maybe she can find a breeder that can direct her in the right direction. Maybe she can get lucky and find a breeder that is a groomer too. I know when I was showing them, I would also end up grooming other aussies before a show.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Debbie View Post
            If their tail is docked too long or a half tail I don't usually do anything to it unless there is a fecal problem. They almost always end up looking silly if you do!
            Yeah, it looks pretty bad when they put their tail up and this fluffy thing sticks up that looks like doesn't belong there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Butts

              Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
              Yeah, it looks pretty bad when they put their tail up and this fluffy thing sticks up that looks like doesn't belong there.
              HA HA! NO doubt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
                Maybe she can find a breeder that can direct her in the right direction. Maybe she can get lucky and find a breeder that is a groomer too. I know when I was showing them, I would also end up grooming other aussies before a show.
                Good idea! I will check & see who's showing Aussies over in that neck of the woods. Thanks!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well if she wants to drive about 45 minutes from Townsend to Belgrade, I would love to have her. I have a red merle Aussie myself, and tons of Auusie Clients. I travel to Townsend for my dentist. If you want me to pm you my info let me know.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh I forgot to say, Helena does have quite a few groomers and a petco, but tell her not to go to the one in Townsend, I haven't heard great things about that one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I will ask if she wants to drive & get back to you. Thanks a bunch! I'm doing the hubbies dog tomorrow. He still lives here. I will have him relay the message.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X