Calling other Mississippi Groomers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling other Mississippi Groomers!!

Guess Ill be the first. My name is Laura and we just moved to Biloxi and wanted to make friends with other MS groomers! Dont be shy, I wont bite, promise. We just moved here from Alaska after a four year tour. We really miss it there but are giving MS a fair try before we give judgement. Really sad about the oil the main reason we chose this area was it was going to be comparable to AK fishing..guess we'll have to make a trip up there to get any real fishing in lol! Been to GA and TX and gotta say Biloxi just may be hotter, it knocks the wind out of me lol! I own and show poodles. I currently am showing my mini, I have a toy I dont show anymore, and may get to show a toy for a friend. Been grooming on and off for 10yrs and currently am deciding whether to groom from home or working for someone.. hope to groom from home lol, but may need to work for someone else. Hope to meet more MS groomers. Come on out guys, whereever you are!
    Laura

Not from Mississippi, but my daughter will be attending Southern Miss this fall. I think Hattiesburg is only about an hour away. Maybe I can come down for a visit when I am there!
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Hey Luvpups that would be great! I think there are some conformation shows in July, lol, or should I say was in early July. Didnt get to go cause had to head east to AL to visit the inlaws and pick up some stuff from there. I think it is about an hour and a half from Biloxi
      Ok now Im excited lol, I only got to meet Furrondie while I was in AK and she was great. I cant wait to meet you. Where are you comming from? What is your daughter studying? OOh cant wait!

Comment

I'm located in Picayune, MS so we are about 45-60 minutes away from each other. I'd love to meet you... I've been looking for a groomer buddy (who doesn't bite lol) so it would be really cool to get together! Actually, my salon should be up and running in our new location as of the first week in October... maybe we could have coffee and make some bows together in celebration hehe

Comment

not in MS anymore but grew up there and lived in the Jackson area for 20 years.... I do miss many things about living in the south. I'm in the Louisville KY area now...actually live in IN though.....Louisville is not the south I don't care what ppl think. That's a HUGE leap from AK to Biloxi! I've still got friends and family in Jackson and family is Pascagoula (sp?)

Comment

NIce to meet you GG, too bad you still arent in the area we could all hang out! If you ever swing by, look me up lol. Yeah AK is a far away land, but I miss it. Was only there for like 4yrs, but it was beautiful. My husband is military and he had orders to move to MS, so here we are lol. Hubby likes to have the amenities we used to have before AK but we both miss the beauty, the fishing, the wildlife in the yard, and the people are nice too. We talk about getting a summer home for AK lol. That is only a dream tho.
            Im going to have to look to see where Louisville is teehe. I had to drive to UT for my lil toy to be seen. Like 700 later we find out she is fine lol.. I grew up in central TX so I like the south too, but this is the most south I have ever been. I do like seeing the ocean with out all the oil people of course, from the road. I really like the ocean lol. We need to go fishing, we so loved to do that when we lived in AK.. We would camp and fish, for a week at a time. Cant do that here!! I am not a tick person lol. No fleas, ticks, or heartworm in AK.. a lot healthier for the dogs!

Comment

Hey there! I am in Pass Christian. Been out of grooming for 12 years and have decided to get back in to it. I operate a dog kennel from my home but have to decided to groom for a company. I live in the country and think it would take a long time to build up my clientelle. I continue to work at the hospital a couple weekends a month. We have a 1 year Doberman-the sweetest girl there is. We do long and short-term boarding, 1/2 of my boarding customers are in the military. I have Dixie for 10 months while her mommy is doing a 10 month deployment in Japan. We only charge $10 a day, it's a service we wanted to provide for our fellow military members, then I started getting civilian customers too. It has been a nice change going from working with humans and now back to my dogs.

Comment

I just left New Albany Indiana and moved to the Gulf Port area. The hills are beautiful in southern Indiana-but oohhh I love the coast-and the food--the food and sweet tea!!!!

Comment

Hi Mel33

Nice to meet you! Are you military too? What branch? I had to look up Pass Christian, and doesnt look too far lol. How long have you been grooming for? I hope your biz goes well for you. It is nice for military members have someone to watch their dog whle they are deployed.. better than rehoming if you can afford it. Yeah I hear ya something about grooming that is, I dont know .. relaxing.. therapuetic even. I dont groom aggressive dogs lol so I can say that.

Comment

Working...
                  X