what do they mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curlytails View Post
    yes, i am not sure about bathers. i think the fee this year was $325.

"License Requirements: No person shall operate a pet grooming facility unless the person
    holds a valid license issued by the Commissioner pursuant to PACFA and Sections 2.00
    and 3.00 of these rules and regulations. The twelve month license period shall
    commence the first working day of March and must be renewed on or before the first
    working day of March the following calendar year.
    a. Independent Contractors. Any groomer licensed as an independent contractor at
    an already licensed facility may groom as an independent contractor at up to 2
    additional licensed facilities with the same license. On the application for
    licensure, such groomers shall identify themselves as such and shall provide a
    facility name and street address for each premises at which they groom pet
    animals. "

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true

page 56 (if that link worked)
    Well that says IC's and I suppose that opens up a whole nother can of worms since 95% of IC's really aren't. I still don't see that as vocational licensing.

Comment

I would think they mean as a legal IC. It is possible to setup a legal IRS recognized relationship I am sure but most don't do it legally. You cannot get a vocational license if the state doesn't even recognize grooming as a vocation. So this would mean perhaps they have their business license as an IC.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
        Well that says IC's and I suppose that opens up a whole nother can of worms since 95% of IC's really aren't. I still don't see that as vocational licensing.

i've never been asked by the PACFA people what my IC/employee status was. I was told by the inspector that *all* groomers must be licensed. On the form, there is a box for groomers, it does not say IC groomers. (there are many boxes - grooming, boarding, breeding cats, breeding dogs, rescue, breeding birds, etc) It is really an inspection of the facility for safety and standard of care, no standard of grooming, but ALL groomers in a facility have to pay the $$ to get separate licenses.

Comment

Working...
        X