Damn it's cold outside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn it's cold outside!

They're calling for snow in Chico tonite. Snow. We're 53 feet above sea level here. Last time it snowed was in 2002, 4 whole inches and folks around here lost their minds on the roads! Im glad I have tomorrow off!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

That would be fun! It's cold here too, and supposed to rain, but its clear out right now. I wish I had tomorrow off... I would stay in my PJs and watch movies

Comment

We really need the rain & snow here in southern CA, so I'm not complaining at all. However, I'm dreading working in the rain. You bathe and dry the dogs and they're wet by the time they get in the house. Fortunately the rain held off for today, so I was able to get my Xmas decorations hung outside.

Comment

UPDATE: Man, I thought it was cold. It wasn't. NOW it's cold. Like really bitter 22-deg-in-the-morning-freeze-your-grooming-van-doors-shut kinda cold.

I HATE winter! It's only good if you can ski in it, then go home to where its warm...
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

LOL, here we're expecting 6 inches of snow and ice tonight and that's nothing. Doubt schools will even be delayed. It's funny how different parts of the country react to snow. 1/4 inch of snow in TN where my in-laws live will shut the town down. Here, unless there is 3 feet of snow, no one notices much!
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Last year it snowed here in Vegas. It didn't snow, snow it was mostly gone by morning. Man they canceled school for the next day, power went out in places, people "lost" it on the roads, roads were closed etc... By the next morningmost of it was gone, and kids coulda/shoulda gone to school... You would have thought though that we were having a huge [email protected]%*&% blizzard, grocery stores even closed in this 24/7 town, just for a few inches of snow that disappeared.

It is freeze your balls off cold here right now though. Especially if you are used to Vegas weather. Its like in the 30's in the a.m. It's tough to go from 100"s-30's in a couple months
            If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

I am going mobile in January and live in NC...was just talking to a friend who lives up north and told her I don't know how she does it in the snow! I'm not sure I would go mobile if I lived in such a cold climate! My hats are off to you mobilers who live in snowy areas!!

Comment

I don't want to hear it, Y'all we got like a foot last night.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

*giggle*

I'm born and raised southern CA. I've actually seen snow twice in my life. I can visit it if I like, but I'm rather clumsy so I try to avoid situations where I could life-alteringly hurt myself. Like ice. It poured buckets here yesterday and getting to work was a NIGHTMARE. Californians can't even handle that!
                  There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                    They're calling for snow in Chico tonite. Snow. We're 53 feet above sea level here. Last time it snowed was in 2002, 4 whole inches and folks around here lost their minds on the roads! Im glad I have tomorrow off!
                    Just came acrossed this and was thinking what a difference a year makes. Now we are in a drought, with fire hazards warnings being issued in January, not to mention that people are being told not to burn their wood stoves, because of air quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
                      Just came acrossed this and was thinking what a difference a year makes. Now we are in a drought, with fire hazards warnings being issued in January, not to mention that people are being told not to burn their wood stoves, because of air quality.
                      Actually, 3 years. And I miss Puppyfluffer.
                      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                        Actually, 3 years. And I miss Puppyfluffer.
                        Wow, you are right! I was gone for a while, and didn't realize Puppyfluffer was gone. ????

Comment

What happened to Puppyfluffer?

Comment

She's around, she just has a busy life now
                            There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Glad it's just a too busy to post life thing and not something more serious! Tell Puppyfluffer I miss here on this forum if you here from her.

Admin: Puppyfluffer was just here a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X