Calling all Arkansas people!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Arkansas people!!

I am relatively new to Arkansas and I am not sure about the trends in busy/slow times as well as some other things that may or may not be popular in the grooming field. We just opened our own shop and I would love to network with some of the other Arkansas groomers to get some info and points of views.

Where is Lamar? I work in Memphis , that may be close enough to be similar

Lisa

Comment

Hey fellow Arkie! I'm in Pine Bluff....well my shop is anyway....I've been open about 3 years. I will gladly answer any questions you have to the best of my ability! Its coming up on super busy season....so be prepared!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Lamar is on the other side of Little Rock. Its near Russellville and Clarksville. Not sure if that helps, Dobesngsd.

Thank you Fishbirdss. Sitting all day with barely a trickle of business when I am used to being at least slightly busy is frustrating!!

Comment

I was very trickley for the first full year....don't sweat it.....stick it out and the business WILL COME! Now I'm booked out solid for at least a week with appointments on my books all the way til Christmas! You need to develop a good "down home" relationship with your clients.....be friendly.....ask about their kids.....grandkids.....of they mentioned them previously.....be genuine.....people in the south appreciate that

Comment

Thanks again so much for the advice. When I first moved down here I worked at a grooming shop and left there because of numerous reasons. I have had so many people coming to me from there because of the very reasons I quit.

Is there anything that is a "trend" here? The people in this area seem to be very basic with what they want. I swear every 8 of 10 dogs that come in the door is a shihtzu that gets done with a #7 all over with a round face. I am starting to think that I can do that in my sleep. I am very happy that I have 3 standard poodles that come in (Im a SPOO lover.)

Comment

Pretty much same here....as short as you can get 'em! I have several that get a 10 with a short face. I did a shih-tzu yesterday....basically a

Comment

#10 poodle kennel cut...shaved feet and face....#10 on body...leave ears tail and top of head.....

Then you will get a hand full of adventurous clients that like fun clips and color and unconventional things. I have a "signature" shih-tzu style that I do that get me a ton.of shih-tzu puppy clients....#10 body...let legs grow to the floor....cute face....its adorable. Schnauzers are a lot of times #10 a/o the body wit a short face. Most people like them short so they stay nicer longer....we are in a low income state so you have to keep that in mind....

Comment

I have a lady that just got a shih-tzu that is wanting to try different styles until she finds one that she really likes. I may have to borrow your signature style and see if she likes it.

You have no idea of how helpful you are for me right now. You have definately helped to take alot of the stress off of me. I hate the "unknown" areas of things business wise here.

Thanks so much!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364512029334.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1121022

This is the shih-tzu trim I do that everyone loves....they look really cute wagging around with those full legs ...

Comment

Oh I like that!! I am going to suggest that to the lady I was talking about!! THanks!!

Comment

Working...
                      X