Grooming in Alaska?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 silly Alaska Laws

Here is what I was mentioning: (not my comments BTW!)

#1 - A moose may not be viewed from an airplane.

When most of Alaska needs to be reached by airplane I guess it is all right for the pilot to close his eyes when he sees a pack of moose ahead.

#2 - While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.

I am not sure the person who has awakened the sleeping bear would stick around long enough to actually take the photograph.

#3 - It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

Now the dead moose you have been flying with you can be pushed out at any time.

#4 - No one may tie their pet dog to the roof of a car.

If you have a cat, hamster or gerbil, feel free to tie them to the roof when you run out of room in the car.

#5 - Persons may not live in a trailer as it is being hauled across the city.

But, they told me this was a mobile home.

#6 - Clowns beware!

Of what? I may need someone to explain this one to me. I am at a loss for words.

#7 - It is considered an offense to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose.

You would have to be drunk to get that close to a moose, so you won't remember this law anyway.

#8 - A person may only carry a concealed slingshot if that person has received the appropriate license.

Now that 9mm you received for your birthday can be concealed, but not the slingshot!

#9 - It is against the law to attempt to break any law in title nine of the code (public peace, morals, and welfare).

I have always thought it should be illegal to even think about being unmoralistic and I guess Alaska agrees with me.

#10 - Owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops.

And I thought this was only a problem for Floridians.

#11 - Buildings that preserve scenic vistas are awarded bonus points by the government.

Wouldn't the construction of the building destroy the scenic vistas? What are the points for?

#12 - One may not roam the city with a bow and arrows.

I guess Legolas from Lord of the Rings would hate a trip to Alaska.

#13 - Persons may not allow "attractive nuisances" to exist.

Fine, and I will just keep my "attractive nuisances" to myself.

#14 - Drunk people are not allowed to come in a bar.

Well, what a theory. How about the people who get drunk while in the bar?

#15 - Dog grooming is illegal in Juneau.

Can dogs actually survive in temperatures 30 below zero? And would you want to cut their hair if they could?

#16 - It is illegal to throw a grenade on the street.

So much for the fourth of July celebration I had planned.

#17 - It's illegal to put your dog in the back of your truck.

Again, I focus on the temperature crisis. Wouldn't they freeze during most months?

#18 - It is illegal to whisper in someone's ear while they are moose hunting.

Just yell the words to him and then chase down the moose when you spook it.

#19 - State policy states that emergencies are held to a minimum and rarely found to exist.

Okay, we will have to take your word on that one.
    #20 - Moose are not allowed to do it in the streets.

Would you stop them?

Comment

Thanks for passing that along! I have not heard of this list but will share it with my Alaskan friends. It is too funny.

Furrondie

Comment

Wow, what a discussion I missed!!!! Thanks so much Parti and Spikey for remembering me from the days I started my own little shop, after grooming for others nearly 20 years. Spikey's mom was one of my very first customers here in my little shop in the sticks. I cannot speak for groomers down around Anch but am sad Spikey's mom has still not met with any success in finding someone she can be happy with. Quality groomers are hard to find in the Interior as well, I can attest to that as I have clients that drive 3 hours one way (and right thru Fairbanks) to get to my shop, after trying each and every shop in between. So, I think it is fair to say that Alaska suffers a grave need for good groomers. Yes, our grooming prices are high, as is our cost of living, probably the highest in the nation. Costs more in shipping one gallon of shampoo than the actual shampoo costs! Anyway, glad to be back on the list, and also to know that I have not been too forgotten!

Comment

Working...
        X