Check those dryers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check those dryers!

OK... I have a Master Blaster and love it! Couldn't live without it.

After getting Doug's new HV dryer nozzle (it's da BOMB! - really cuts down on drying time and it great for those long coats that get all twisty), I thought my dryer was running "hot". At one point, the hose got so hot I had to stop the groom.

At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the new nozzle. Like maybe the hole was smaller and was putting a strain on the motor or something. After talking with Doug (who said the hose was not smaller than a conventional nozzle), he suggested taking the end of the motor apart to look for clogs.

I clean the end filter at least once a day - usually twice. Well... lo and behold... after removing the end of the motor and actually looking INSIDE, there's a grate that looks kind of like chicken wire, and it was almost completely blocked with what looked like fused hair and gunk. Soooo... after chipping that stuff away, I'm happy to say my dryer is back to normal.

Lesson learned - look INSIDE the dryer, and don't depend on that flimsy filter! LOL!!!

Wow,what new nozzel? lol I want one,where can I get it?

Comment

it is also good practice to have the dryer serviced once a year to get all of the hair from inside the unit out too. Usually when you change brushes is a good time to have it serviced to get all of that carbon dust out of the unit.

Tim
      Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
      123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

Just found that out

LOL, I just found that out a few days ago on my own drier. My hose kept heating-up, and ended-up melting(and tearing) a few times, usually when I had the flat "sweeper cone". Thankfully, the drier never burned me or the dogs, but it was such a waste of tine having to fix the hose every time. I wiped the crud off the inner filter, and I haven't had the problem since. Yet another thing I wish my trainer had told me...:-P I've learned so much since I've been on my own.
        Jacob

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Tim. The dryer is about 1-1/2 years old. Can I take it to a vacuum cleaner place to have the brushes replaced? I'd hate to part with it to send it out somewhere. My backup dryer is not that powerful.

The nozzle I'm talking about is from Doug (from here... you know, the inverter god) LOL!!!

- Mary -

Comment

I'm glad you brought this up. My dryer is going to be a year old this month, I think that while they are doing some renovating in the bathing room (I'm taking May 10-11 off), I'll have it serviced then.

Nothing like taking care of your equipment!

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Yes it Is!

[
              The nozzle I'm talking about is from Doug (from here... you know, the inverter god) LOL!!!

- Mary -[/QUOTE]

Mary your not kidding the nozzle saves so much time! Dries my dogs way faster! Did you see the new colors!

Yes, I do clean my dryer all the time, atleast once a month it gets taken apart and a deep cleaning!

Comment

Noozle?

Ok you sold me on the Noozle. but I'm new to this site and I don't know who Doug is to ask about how to get one.
                Thanks
                Wagn'tails
                ID

Comment

Hey Jet good to see you again. I hug out with you guys at Intergroom. All this time I thought it was the dryer being itself. I've always had the problem of the hose heating up to where I can barely hold it (using both motors). It's done that since I started there. And what about those brushes? I really doubt that the HV NOR the cage dryers get serviced. Where do I find them in the dryers and how do I change them? Where do I get parts?

Comment

Hi RevWind. I think each dryer is different (for parts)? My dryer did come with instructions for replacing brushes, but I'm hoping I can just take it to a local vacuum cleaner place and have them deal with it.

Bubblesaway - I heard the nozzle comes in different colors, but I got the pink one. Kinda "fleshy" colored. LOL!!!

It really is amazing how much faster it dries the dogs! I'd have to say it reduces my drying time by at LEAST 15 minutes, depending on the dog.

Did your sister try out the hat yet? I don't know how on earth she does big hairies without it. She must spend a lot of time plucking hair out of her eyeballs. LOL!!!

- Mary -

Comment

Noozle

Hi
                      Where can I get this Nozzle?
                      Thanks
                      Tina

Comment

Your local vacuum shop should be able to clean the dryer and repalce the brushes.

Tim
                        Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
                        123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

Just had my dryer serviced (tuned up) so it should be good to go through the summer and hopefully for the rest of the year. They said it was in good shape. (Metro AirForce Master Blaster).

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Okay. Again. WHERE CAN WE GET THE NOZZLE?!! Is there a website?

Comment

Apparently, those with the nozzles don't want to give up their little secret, lol! I purchased a flat nozzle on e-bay. I put in "new dryer nozzle" and they came up. I have no idea if they're the same nozzle, or similiar to the ones everyone's mentioned, but they work great. The only problem is, they're not always on e-bay, so you have to keep your eyes open.
                              don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Working...
                              X