Blade rattling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade rattling

Ok, I have a #4f that is rattling somethin' fierce! New blade drive, new hinge, I tried to pinch the wings on the socket of the blade and it is fitting snugly on the hinge, screws on the blade are tight, it is the only blade that does this, what else could it be? It will be time to send it off to be sharpened soon, so they could fix it for me, but I'd really like to be able to fix the rattle myself. thanks in advance. Just about forgot, it is an Andis blade on an andis ag 2 speed clipper
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

If you touch the back of the blade does the rattle stop? If so then the ears on the socket are still not tight enough. If the noise doesn't change when you touch it, it could be the blade guide (the plastic strip on the blade) or loose blade screws.

Comment

No, it doesn't stop when I push on the back of the blade. I have tightened the screws until I can't anymore. I have also pinched the wings until I had to struggle to push it onto my clipper. Soooo... I will try changing out the plastic piece and see if that is it, I didn't even think of that.
      I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
      -Michelangelo

Comment

You may have used the old trick of pinching the wings, but many also forget the tilt set of the socket. This happens when you over pinch the socket ears (wings) and have to force the blade to latch to the hinge. I'm sure your angle of the socket is incorrect or spring has been bent. Post a pic and I can help you identify with the problem.

Luke
        sharpiessharpening.com

Comment

Another suggestion

You also may try to take a pair of pliers and press it down on the socket where the hinge slides into...this sometimes expands due to strain or heat. Another ma y be that your spring tension has gone out.

Comment

Working...
          X