Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 5 aint alive

I cant understand this-
    I have 1 5 blade and I havent had it long Ive done maybe 5 dogs with it and it is evil.
    It doesnt cut .it seems to just comb throught the hair.I cant understand why.I thought it was clogged , so I cleaned it it still doesnt work.all th eother ones work fine so I dont think its the clipper well I do have a 10 that need sharpening but other than that one they are all fine.I ordered a new one but can this one be sharpened do you think? are they sometimes duds?

what brand is the blade? maybe it is just a ****** brand. I have heard sometimes the blade may need sharpening straight out of the package and then will work fine, so give that a shot. Also, remember to clean and oil all blade out of the package or they may not work right in my experience.

Comment

Its an ultraedge from andis,I ordered another one but I jsut realized I ordered a skip tooth. grrr Ive never used one of those and didnt plan on it. guess I will now lol .

Comment

Your post made me giggle. I am no sharpener- but it sounds like the tension is off--does the teeth set slide back & forth really easily or REALLLLLY hard? There should never be a "dud"--that blade should see the hands of a sharpener before you give up on it, IMO.
        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Every once in a while I will get a blade that doesnt' cut out of the box. I have it sharpened and it's fine. Sometimes I wonder if something has happened during shipping or something. You should always clean the blades first before using them for the first time as well.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
            Every once in a while I will get a blade that doesnt' cut out of the box. I have it sharpened and it's fine. Sometimes I wonder if something has happened during shipping or something. You should always clean the blades first before using them for the first time as well.
            Ditto w/ this, it is especially noticeable w/ Andis blades.
            I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
            -Michelangelo

Comment

One possibility iis sharpening. A dull blade usually grabs the hair and wont move forward easily (drag) but sometimes the cutter can push the hair out of the teeth and down under the blade. If feels and looks like you are just combing through the hair. If you use the same blade on a dog with stiffer hair it will work sometimes and maybe leave more lines than it should.
              The other possible cause is something preventing the hair from easily sliding up in between the teeth. Having the hair push under the blade rather than between the teeth is more common with some of the "value" brands along with the Oster blades when the Algion coating is starting to degrade.

These problems are rare so be sure to tell your sharpener what the blade is doing when you give it to him. Most sharpeners test blades with test string. String will never reveal this problem. Fake fur sometimes doesn't. Do you have a cat? If you want to know if that blade is really fixed, try it on a cat.

Comment

Working...
              X