Blade for Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade for Pads

What blade you use for pads? I was taught to use a #40 and while it dose work and I like the result. The problem I have had is the chip teeth so easy.(at least for me :-). It seem like I break them as soon as I get them. My old boss bought a #35 and loved it but mine never worked very well. I just wasen't inpressed and don't if I really want to give another one a try. I am in the postion of needing to get a new blade for pads and am just not sure which direction to go. Thanks

I use a Moser Arco for pads and poodle faces.

Comment

I use a #30 on my taxi vac for pads and a #40 only if there are mats...and then, I clip very carefully and gently.

Comment

#30 for pads. I love using the Arco for them.

Comment

I use my Laube Speed Feed on a #30 setting for pads. Love it ... never gets hot nor have I ever clipper burned a dog with this clipper.

Comment

15, 30, 35, 40, 50, 5/8tb blades and the tidbit, arco's. speed feed.

The 35 blade had a different cutter in it with really small teeth and most I have seen don't work out of the package. I replace the cutter with a 40 cutter and they work great. The cutter has to be set back or it will stick over the comb teeth.

Tim
            Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
            123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

I use a 30

I usually use a 30 with the CV or the speed feed on 30 setting.

Jason

Comment

Arco Arco Arco!

Comment

I mostly prefer a 40, but if I have to I will use a 30. There are couple of dogs with sensitive feet that I will use a 10.
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I really like my Wahl Tid-Bit w/the medium blade

Comment

30 blade, it cleans the pad just as well as a 40 but doesn't knick:-)

Comment

I like the Tid Bit with a medium blade, too. I really don't like to use a 40. I think sometimes it causes problems later. Like licking and chewing as the hair starts to grow back and gets prickley. Then you just end up with worse matting, lick granulomas, and sometimes interdigital cysts.

Comment

Working...
                        X