Dryer and CV maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer and CV maintenance

What do you have to do routinely to these? I have a K9-III, and a CV. I think I have to change things on them, but I"m not sure what, or how often.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

I don't think that my boss maintains ours till it breaks! lol

I do know it's important to keep the filter clean, but other than that, I'm curious to know!
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I didn't know CVs had regular maintnance routines....hmmmm.

Comment

I thought you had to replace that orange filtery thing once a year? Maybe I'm wrong? And the dryers there's something you've got to change, brushes, or filters or something!!! I just am scared mine is going to die someday in the middle of some great pyr or something.
        Erin
        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

HV

Brushes should be changed every 6 months to help aviod problems.

Not sure about CV.

Jason

Comment

If you have a CV with brushes you have to change them. Look at www.clippervac.com there are instructions on there.

Comment

CV maintenance

Hi Erin,
              I used to always keep a set of brushes for the CV. It is hard to be used to it and when it goes down due to needing new brushes, it is expensive to overnight them so buy a pair now. If you have never changed any, on their website, they have a great 'how to' video. Change the filter once in a while and take it off and I use a coarse comb to comb out the hair.
              Becky

Comment

How often you change the brushes also depends on the quality of the brush. Some are very soft and will wear out in a month or two. The BIGGEST thing that you need to do is blow out all of the old carbon dust in the motor. You will be surprised at how much is in it. Do it outside if you can and with the wind blowing away from you!! If you don't you will look like a coal miner LOL!!

The reasons for the cleaning is 1) it will keep the motor running better and the air flowing thru it 2) you will not have to worry about turning a white dog into a black one when all that dust decides to come out when you least expect it.

Oster clippers also need to be cleaned out between brush changes to avoid the same problems.

Tim
                Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
                123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

Working...
                X