When to sharpen clipper blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to sharpen clipper blades?

How do you know when your clipper blades need sharpening? My #7 gets hair stuck between the blade and guide and quits cutting until I get it cleaned out then does it again after a while. I wonder if that means they need sharpening?

Has anyone ever used the HandiHone Universal Sharpener from PetEdge? How do you like it?

Thanks!

If you slide the two parts of the blade apart you can look at the inside of the blades if they are SHINY all or partly they need sharpening. If they are sharp they will have a kinda flat look to the metal. However if your blades are jamming up they more then likely need sharpening/ tension spring or your clippers may need to have some part replaces to. I Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntank View Post

Has anyone ever used the HandiHone Universal Sharpener from PetEdge? How do you like it?

Thanks!
      I'll be honest with you, Cajun: When someone picks up a pair of clippers, "grooms" a dog and calls themselves a groomer, you know better, right? Same with sharpening. Leave it to the professionals.

As far as the self-honer thing, I've read post after post about this on the old bulletin boards of this website, and everyone said, "DON'T BUY IT!! IT RUINED MY BLADES!" If it were that great, we'd all be sharpening our own tools.

Send your tools to The Blade Guyz (on this website), you'll be happy, I promise.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
      X