Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the dog I want to use for ISCC certification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the dog I want to use for ISCC certification.

It is my Mother's dog. He is currently 9 months old and unneutered. THis is his 3rd groom so far. Besides ears, pads, and face he has only been carded/stripped. His crown is ridiculous and I have been trying to get it to set right, but having difficulties. I haven't been trimming the underlined as I want his skirting to grow. Any and all suggestions welcome.
    I haven't decided yet if I want to do a "pet" trim for my cert, of keep him stripped. I'm leaning towards stripped. Would love some advice from Particentral and Cockerlvr!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr clyde.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1138898
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Iscc will not easily pass you with clipped cockers. He needs working a bunch! Weekly carding is what I suggest.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Parti! I'll start doing that.
      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

If this is only his third groom in nine months you need to get jiggy wit it. I assume he is getting bath and blow outs in between these grooms? You are about to hit coat change time and that coat is gonna mat over night. I highly recommend at least weekly baths and blow out. I'd be trimming every week too if it were me, or at least every other. You may find that back coat a lot easier to deal with once the coat change happens

As far as the crown. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQleMDhqQH8 Hopefully this can help you get it under control. This was made for cocker friends and is an easy way to do it. Not how I do my show dogs, but it will help you get what he has under control.

Comment

Good info, I am still perfecting my cocker skills.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
            If this is only his third groom in nine months you need to get jiggy wit it. I assume he is getting bath and blow outs in between these grooms? You are about to hit coat change time and that coat is gonna mat over night. I highly recommend at least weekly baths and blow out. I'd be trimming every week too if it were me, or at least every other. You may find that back coat a lot easier to deal with once the coat change happens

As far as the crown. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQleMDhqQH8 Hopefully this can help you get it under control. This was made for cocker friends and is an easy way to do it. Not how I do my show dogs, but it will help you get what he has under control.
            Thanks for the link! Very helpful!
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
            X