Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden paws method?

has anyone heard of this?... opinion?
    anyone been taught in school using this method?

thanks for your help

-Rik

bump

Nobodys answered. I have no idea what the golden paws method is...anyone?
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Answer

The method is essentially a grooming training curriculum. There is no standardization in curriculums. Where do you start training. Classroom? Bathing and upward, but then some schools do things quite differently. The GP method of training has been around a long time and for persons interersted in licensing the rights to it for a school startup, that's one option.
      Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

golden paw

Originally posted by Rik View Post
        has anyone heard of this?... opinion?
        anyone been taught in school using this method?

thanks for your help

-Rik
        Yes. I've been taught that in school. The golden paw is when you brush the excess hair of the paw and between the toe nails up and trim it..looks very neat and much nicer when you're done.

Comment

hehehe ok, thanks for that info!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Yes. I've been taught that in school. The golden paw is when you brush the excess hair of the paw and between the toe nails up and trim it..looks very neat and much nicer when you're done.
            Actually, that is a method for doing feet I suppose, but what this poster is questioning is the GOLDEN PAWS METHOD for learning to groom or for teaching I suppose. GoldenPaws advertizes in Groomer to Groomer magazine and I think on here as well. I believe it is for those who want to open their own grooming school.

Tammy in Utah

Stephen: Click www.petgroomer.com/consultants.htm for some info about the grooming training method. Mitzi also has radio shows with us but is coming back in June to talk about the Golden Paws Method in detail with us. Many persons use her assistance to open schools, several in the works right now.
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

This is funny

I also assumed it was a way to trim a Golden Retriever's paws. Ah communication is fun.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Uh.... er.... I'm still not sure whether the poster was questioning the paw trimming method or the schooling.

But I DO trim a Goldens paws like that

Comment

golden paws

I have taught that method, its a basic curriculum, that you can taylor to your specific needs in your grooming community. Helps establish routine, and focuses on grooming dog parts (all dogs have the same parts) vs breeds (although you obviously teach breed specifics), its a simplified view on grooming, and really, I think it makes the task of learning all the breeds and such a little easier and seem less overwhelming. My students seems to do well with it.

Comment

Lol, I thought golden retriever paws too!

Comment

The reason I don't believe this is a method for trimming feet is because this was posted under the "Schools, Home Study, Certification & Vocational Licensing" forum.

I think if the poster were asking about feet, it would be in general grooming, lol.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Golden Paws method

Mitzi Hick has recorded GroomerTALK radio shows here and talked in part about this system. By the way Golden Paws Styling Academys are already spreading and more new ones are in the process of opening now. You are going to hear more about them in the coming weeks, and Mitzi is coming back to a radio show here. We start recordings at Groom Expo.
                        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

haha

SCHOOL --- NOT FEET!!

im happy to say that i have started AND finished school since my post!

i decided to move from florida to mass. to attend ... and so far im very happy i did!

and for the record ... i learned how to do "golden paws" .. using GoldenPaws

hahah

-Rik
                          Last edited by Rik; 10-28-07, 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Congratulations!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Originally posted by Rik View Post
                              SCHOOL --- NOT FEET!!

im happy to say that i have started AND finished school since my post!

i decided to move from florida to mass. to attend ... and so far im very happy i did!

and for the record ... i learned how to do "golden paws" .. unsing GoldenPaws

hahah

-Rik

So what did you think of the way they school and were you happy with what you learned and how you learned.
                              Congrat's on finishing and good luck with your new adventure in life!!
                              ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                              Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                              *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Working...
                              X