Considering taking an online class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering taking an online class

So I just noticed that Nash is giving a month long online class on the short-legged terriers.

Anyone out there taken any of their classes? I'm not an expert, but I don't consider myself a beginner anymore. I'm really tempted but money is tight right now. I want to make sure if I do it that it would be worth it.

Any one have opinions or experiences? I'm all about further education, but the only school I have experience with really really sucked (in addition to sucking several thousand dollars out of my pocket).
    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Well, apparently no one has any opinions on this.

I actually just filled out the admission form online. The class starts tomorrow. They have a deal where a friend can take the class for free, so Tammy (SpikeytheYorkie) is going to take the class with me. I'm kind of excited.

Their articles in Groomer to Groomer are so thorough. I hope the online material is similar.

Comment

I'm excited too, Kirstine!

See you thursday!

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I miss everything. I always want to take some on-line classes and brush p on my work. Maybe that's what i'l do while i recoup. Let me know if you liked it I feel so burnt out and lacking lately this might be just what i needed

Comment

Didn't notice this before you joined the class...

But, I have taken a Nash course. And, I enjoyed it. It is NOT a how-to on the breeds, though. It is more of an advanced course where you can hone your skills. As long as you don't expect it to teach breed standards and patterns, I find you'll enjoy it.

I found the first one very enjoyable. And, I am in the short-legged class with you currently.

It just seems to tune me into the finer details of grooming...

I plan on finishing the whole series once they get them all up and going!

Comment

You must be "Tip". So far I really like the information. It's a completely different way to look at things (for me). I am all for learning everything you can to become a better groomer.

Comment

Did you notice me in there too! Tons of info, I am loving every second of it!
              What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I hope I can afford the next round....I'm kinda jealous of you guys.
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by luvpups View Post
                  Did you notice me in there too! Tons of info, I am loving every second of it!
                  Hey, are all of us taking the class here too? I'm not very good at putting names with user names. So now I got the together.

Do you like the class so far?

Comment

I really do, and plan on taking all they have to offer.
                    Nicole
                    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I haven't had time to really get into anytihng in the class. I've been sick, am still sick, and am exhausted when I get home, and getting ready for a party at my house Thursday (Pampered Chef), so I'm about to die right now!

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by luvpups View Post
                        I really do, and plan on taking all they have to offer.
                        Nicole
                        Nicole, I responded to your question about the search-and-fetch.
                        Keyray, I also responded to your breed group question.

I get into a rhythm. After taking the test on Sunday evening, I look at the unit. By Wed., I do discussion. Saturday night is search-and-fetch. And, Sunday is another test.

Just make sure to respond more than once in discussion. You'll get a lot more points that way.

Comment

Originally posted by snickerpoodles View Post
                          Just make sure to respond more than once in discussion. You'll get a lot more points that way.
                          Like the discussions we have about the questions? Or just in the group discussions?

Comment

Originally posted by keyray View Post
                            Like the discussions we have about the questions? Or just in the group discussions?
                            It's the one under the unit labeled "discussion." The one where all of our names are is called "student lounge." Your report card will be around your name and picture... Grades are posted sometime on Monday. But, you find out your test score immediately.

Comment

Working...
                            X