IPG Certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPG Certification

Anyone here doing or did there cerification with them . I hoping to cert with my poodle at Intergroom. Anyone else?

I did. I was happy I did it; I'm now certified in sporting & non sporting breeds, and did my practical for long-legged terriers. Still need to do a practical for short-legged terrier & my master written exam. I just have to find a test site one day that isn't a million miles away from where I am,lol.

Comment

I did all 8 exams in one weekend it is possilbe!!! and passed all 8 well worth it and our certifier was wonderfull and tought us a bunch about how to imporve our grooming.

Comment

How to get started?

Erica
        Last edited by eli; 05-06-07, 07:09 AM. Reason: never mind

Comment

Where is the information on this organization? I can't seem to find it. Ultimately, I want to certify with ISCC, but it would be nice to get another certification under my belt before that huge undertaking.

Stephen: Try the yellow pages here. Their contact info etc is not as easy to come by as ISCC and NDGAA which are very proactive with us.
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I want to take a mini schnauz sometime this year and start my cert process. Any particulars to know? I've been grooming 11 years....any difference in our pet groom mini and to cert?

Comment

Actually I was just going to post on this topic comparing the three. I liked ISCC too from what I learned at Intergroom, but just found out this weekend that they take away your certification if you don't pay membership fees, as does NDGAA. I think that's terrible. That's like taking away your doctorate if you don't give to your alumni association. Poo poo. IPG does not do this, so I think I'm leaning towards them right now. I really liked the study guide for the tests for ISCC so may just buy that and study it on my own, and get certified with IPG.

Now IPG is for International Prof. Groomers, why then does it use the AKC to test from??? I think it should expand to other associations cause I'm not all that thrilled with the AKC, lol.
              Erin
              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

maybe with the licensing issue right now, it might make it easier for us to get "certified" without costing thousands of dollars in fees and travel expenses..only to have them revoked?? Thats ridiculous IMO maybe it will be something offered through the state, in each state...and a one time fee..and a yearly one like hairdressers do?

Comment

here is the IPG website: http://ipgcmg.org/

IPG uses the AKC complete dog book for it's testing. I found it to be well worth my time and money and I just loved the experience. They were more then willing to work with us in that only 5 people took the exams and they still came to Puerto Rico.

I would like to eventually try for other certifications just to continue proving and growing in my grooming but I think IPG is a great place to start.

Comment

Eli, I am having a "private" testing at my salon for my employees. One of my groomers (who is fabulous) moved here from Chicago and used to work for Judy Kurpiel (founder of IPG) and hooked us up :-) We are working on getting those who are certified in certain areas their Master and those who haven't started yet to atleast get certified in some areas.

I will let you know the dates, since you are close to me. I have my employees and a few other groomer friends participating.

Comment

Ha! I feel so special!!

Thanks!!
                      I'll wear my Seminoles jersey!!

JK

Seriously, How nice of you!!!
                      Erica

Comment

Gracy makes me want to sell my shop and work for her and give her all the headaches! LOL tempting!

Comment

PLEASE NOTE that if you even try to wear a seminole jersey in my shop, I will personally hog tie you and spray paint your hair ORANGE AND BLUE.

My clients always try to aggrevate me, they buy Gracy little seminole ****. So, i paint their dogs nails Orange and Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                            PLEASE NOTE that if you even try to wear a seminole jersey in my shop, I will personally hog tie you and spray paint your hair ORANGE AND BLUE.

My clients always try to aggrevate me, they buy Gracy little seminole ****. So, i paint their dogs nails Orange and Blue.
                            ROFL, Oh my gosh that is hysterical.

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Looking to become CMG

I would like to become a CMG down the line but I can't understand how it is possible to take a 400 question test in two hours when I have a hard time taking a 100 question test in 1 hour 45 minutes for promotion in the USAF. I want to do it but I do not see how it is possible. Can someone elaborate on how the test process work other than what the IPG website says. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                              X