Far less schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far less schools

I had not realized how many schools ended up closing over Covid. Been helping a friend find a school and wow, several of the names I knew are closed.

Indeed! Many individuals who trained (including me) have stopped training as well. It's just not safe enough for many of us and top it off with the lack of students wanting training...
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Wow never thought I would see the day.

Comment

Two schools closed in our state that I know of.

Comment

I looked for schools for a friend, wow there are less schools.

Comment

We don't have a single school for miles here.

Comment

You know there are thousands of new shops since 2020 but I never hear of anyone opening new schools.

Comment

Amazing how schools are becoming rare. Zillions of groomer jobs open, few scools.

Comment

Originally posted by tonygroom View Post
                  You know there are thousands of new shops since 2020 but I never hear of anyone opening new schools.
                  It's too complex to open one and harder to staff one. You think groomers are in high demand??? Try grooming teachers!
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

We lost our schools a few hours away. I never hear anything about new schools either.

Comment

So how are thousands of groomers going to learn?

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
                        So how are thousands of groomers going to learn?
                        Corporate or self teach. It's what most did anyway. The shortage is going to get worse.

Comment

It is. I talked with a home study provider and she says she is really busy teaching the basics.

Comment

Working...
                          X