add on not to add on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add on not to add on

I'm debating on having spa treatments as an add-on or to raise the prices to include the treatments. If I raise the prices the clients can choose from array of treatments that wouldn't affect the price (Sorry I get affect and effect screwed up). However if I choose to have the treatments as an add-on the price for the would be lower. What would work better in anyone's opinion?

I would go for the separate add on. It's good to have a basic price that is reasonable for those with limited budgets, and spa options for those who want them. They will appreciate the add ons more if they cost money anyway.

Comment

I would offer a middle ground - make your price high enough to cover the price of doing a good job - good quality shampoo and conditioner, or deshed service for the breeds that need them, and then offer "premium" for those that want it. Things like mud baths, facials, pawdicures, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make the seone separate for a while at least do you can see which items people are the most interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by plaidjaguar View Post
          I would go for the separate add on. It's good to have a basic price that is reasonable for those with limited budgets, and spa options for those who want them. They will appreciate the add ons more if they cost money anyway.
          I agree. I recently introduced separate add on spas. Some customers go for them and love it. Some just want a basic gr [m. I set a goal to sell 50% of my customers a day a spa. It has only been a month or so sense we started but I sell about an extra $100 a day which I get half of. Crunching numbers I figured it should make the salon an extra $ 15k a year if we meet our 50% goal a day with spas going for $20+.
          It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I dunno...spa treatments are for humans. You should already be providing the best products and service for each coat and skin type. What are the benefits of these "spa" treatments? Are owners going to leave your salon wondering if their dog could've looked or felt better if they paid more?

It just reminds me of those boarding places that will pet your dog or give it extra attention for an added fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
              I dunno...spa treatments are for humans. You should already be providing the best products and service for each coat and skin type. What are the benefits of these "spa" treatments? Are owners going to leave your salon wondering if their dog could've looked or felt better if they paid more?

It just reminds me of those boarding places that will pet your dog or give it extra attention for an added fee.

^^^This^^^. I don't do add ons.....just have a price that allows me to use what ever products best serve the pet. I don't even charge for capstar (generic) if it is needed....small price to pay for a flea free salon.
              If I did any add ons it would be time consuming things Iike color or the M muds.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog View Post

^^^^my sentiments exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                  ^^^This^^^. I don't do add ons.....just have a price that allows me to use what ever products best serve the pet. I don't even charge for capstar (generic) if it is needed....small price to pay for a flea free salon.
                  If I did any add ons it would be time consuming things Iike color or the M muds.
                  Same, minus the flea meds. And I also charge extra for color or time consuming mud/ oil treatments. But I do have a few clients who simply don't have the money, so although everyone gets my high quality shampoo & cond. If I'm giving them a special price I don't use my expensive coat treatment or best bling or create more work by leaving too much hair on legs etc...

Comment

The spas are designed to benefit the pets and fit needs. Example, one is a hot oil spa with a hot towel wrap. Another is a deshedding treatment. Also a medicated one where the proper medicated shampoo is used for what we would be trying to treat for along with any additional techniques used to help the skin and coat. We do have just fancy smelling or coat enhancing "spa" shampoo if the coat is in normal condition and they just want their fur baby smelling nice. Spas come with teeth brushing and breath spray, dremeling, anal glands if wanted and needed, and other benefiting extras. Most of these services, if not all, are usually offered at an additional cost no matter what your prices are set at. I think it's nicer though to market it in a way that parents feel like they a pampering they pooch and not just buying more services.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I had a customer come in the other day that said the same thing. Of course she said it in a cynical manner though. "This is a dog. I go to the spa, not the dog." Mind you she presented me her dog that was a matted mess and that she only has groomed twice a year. Yet the Benz she drove and the rings on her fingers suggested that it wasn't a financial issue as to why her "just a dog" was groomed so little. I calmly responded with, "Yes, he is a dog. He is also a living creature that deserves some form of comfort. The matts are undoubtedly painful and pulling on his skin. Also they can cause secondary issues such as bacterial and fungal infections. Also they are a home for parasites. The "spa's" are designed to address these issues. Just as you would have a treatment to address the issues of your scalp and hair, he would receive a treatment to address his skin and coat problems which covers his whole body and not just his head." Needless to say she just had him shaved bald and sent home. ~Sigh
                      To sum up, I do agree with, it's a dog to a point. People that carry them around like babies and treat them like humans go a bit overboard for my taste. But when you are responsible for the wellbeing of your pet and say, "He doesn't need that taken care of, he's just a dog." as in this particular instance, then I disagree.
                      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

One price gets whatever they need in my mobile.

Comment

Sorry hit send too soon. To answer your question if I were to do them, they would be added on to a basic price.

Comment

Our add ons are simple, they are not our focus so we treat conditions with addons mostly. Facials. Yes we have that because some owners find it cute. But muds treating conditioners is our new dimension after reading this board.

Comment

Working...
                            X