Do You Retail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Retail?

I am wondering if any groomers here sell retail such as Holistic dog food? Healthy gourmet dog treats? Home grooming supplies for maintenance perhaps? If so, I was wondering what your best selling items are, what doesn't sell and possibly why?

I carry Solid Gold Holistic Dog food. I have converted alot of customers over from the bad to the good. I also hve some cutsie stuff like charms, frames some dog toys. I do NOT depend on retail for anything it is the icing on the cake so to speak. I also carry Eye Envy (great Stuff) and Oxyfresh (super seller) ear cleaner, oral solution at pet gel.
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy

Comment

We do retail too, home grooming aids, treats some cute boutique items, depends on the season all holidays stock up on treats and that type of stuff. Warmer weather the shampoos and grooming aids sell, Retail is a hard bird to figure out at times,Do not depend on it to much. it is the icing as was said before!!

Comment

I have a small retail selection. Best sellers at my place are sweaters in the winter, and toys and treats. I carry stuff like pig and lamb ears, knuckle bones, cow hooves, knee caps, snouts..stuff like that.
        In the summer, flea shampoo sells good. I dont really do that well with grooming supplies. Now and then I will sell a comb or brush. It's there if someone wants it, but I don't really push things.
        I use to sell Advantage and that sold really good. But I'm bad at reordering things and people would gripe when I would run out. So, I got rid of the headache.

Comment

no room

I don't because I am mobile. I don't have the room nor do I want people in my trailer lol
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

We sell wellness brand dog & cat food & treats. The store that I work at is starting to revamp the retail - we sell some lupine collars .... pig ears & rawhide treats ... some toys, etc. We end up giving a lot of toys & treats away to clients!

Comment

I have a small retail section. High end fancy schmancy collars which haven't sold. Fancy schmancy carriers which also have not sold. I have some other cute boutique stuff, some has sold most hasn't. What has sold, are combs and brushes like crazy, nail clippers, Oxyfresh oral solution and gel, and Angel's Eyes (basically same as Eye Envy). Those I've sold quite a bit of. I don't push people at all either. I love having the cutesie sparkly things, but they really don't sell. I think I'd stock up a little more on the functional things, and leave the fun stuff to the places that can afford to buy merchandise and have it sit for awhile. Mine just collects dog hair. Like I said above, I don't move it like I should, maybe someday, but for now, I'm happy with it selling itself pretty much.
              Erin
              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

hey nancy...how does the Solid Gold do for you? i am a big beleiver in this food and turn alot of my customers onto it, but i was a little afraid to sell it in my shop as i did not want them to think i was just trying to "make money", at this point i am sending people to the local pet store to get it....also, Pet** is now carring it! which kind do you sell the most?? Hundenflockin? small bites?? which one??

Comment

Do you retail

I tried to retail in a small corner of my shop I had for 6yrs, I carried Lupine & Leatherite collars,leashes,slicker brushes,Tropiclean shampoos, colognes, treats,toys and tick removers.
                  But the last year since a large pet store went in, I just didn't sell anything so I decided in Nov. to stop retailing. Can't compete with the big guys, they can get a very big discount when they buy to retail and we can't. The End.

Comment

Working...
                  X