Paw wax as an add-on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paw wax as an add-on?

Title says it all. I'm thinking about having paw wax as an add-on. Does anyone else do this? I'd think it would be great in the winter to protect paws from salt and such, and I don't think I've seen anyone offer it.

I like the idea!

Comment

We offer it at the petsomething I work at as part of our spa package.

Comment

Absolutely. I do it sometimes as a standing ala' cart service, as well as with the Pawdicure packages this time of year.
        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Well then it's decided then, I'm definitely going for it. Thanks for the input

Comment

I was a little afraid

after reading the title. I was thinking of waxing like people waxing and ws like "OW!" lol silly me.

Comment

maybe I'm thinking of the wrong stuff

but doesn't paw wax leave the feet sticky and tacky so they get hair stuck on their way out the door? and an oily mess when they get in the car?

Comment

Depends on which product you use as well as how you apply it. Musher's Secret is different than Paw Wax, and Show Foot is designed for traction- is a propellant, and dried pretty quick to leave no residue. Musher's Secret is softer and designed to help moisten and heal, and the Paw Wax in a yellow tin is probably the most messy. Paw Wax works great for tractions, or tac, sealing the pads from things like salty water (from salt for melting ice) but you've got to really rub it in well to not leave residual tracks on the floor. Musher's Secret is a lot more absorbable with a good rub, and then Davis also has a nice Paw & Elbow Protector that is a thick rich cream, easily absorbed and helps heal. I like that stuff best for what is currently out there that I have personally tried. BUT, I do also have my own Paw balm thru Canine Spa Therapies, and that is most excellent for healing, moisturizing, and tac- plus it is in a balm form- not a lotion base, so it takes less per application and it goes farther. Either way, I personally would not do straight Paw Wax as an add on unless it was requested. I would stick with a product that absorbs better and has healing properties to give the client some added benefit,,JMO!
                Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Yes - avoid the super waxy products like the plague - I had a golden walk out the door with so much hair stuck to his pads it was so embarrassing. I do like Musher's secret. But I think these treatments need to be applied regularly to make a difference. Imagine moisturizing dry hands once a month - not going to make much difference. Am I missing something about this?

Comment

i do this, i have on large container for clients add on and then they always leave with a small container to apply in between grooms.

Comment

Working...
                    X