Holiday Add-On Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Add-On Package

Hey guys! So I remember at a seminar I went to by Kristen Fulton she talked about doing monthly specials/addon-package. Well I was able to convince my boss (the vet) to let me try doing one for the holidays. I think it was a huge success! My package included the following, cost very little since I already had all these products (the vet had the scented stuff from previous groomers):

* Choice of Holiday Scented Shampoo & Cologne (Candy Cane, Egg Nog, Gingerbread, Spiced Apple, or Sugar Cookie)
    * Soothing Pawdicure with Paw Balm
    * Holiday Nail Painting (Candy Cane Stripes or Blue & White)
    * All-Natural Gold Sparkle Finishing Spray (the one from Show Seasons)
    * Holiday Bow or Bandanna
    *and if they got the add-on package ($10 in addition to groom price) they will receive 10% off a full groom in January.

Most of my full grooms are 60-75 so there's still a bit of profit after the coupon, plus I thought it'd be a great way to get people in the door this month. I've only been here since July and I was worried it would slow down a lot in January. The nail painting was really the only thing that added any time, but I thought they came out sooooo cute I didn't mind! Even some boy dogs got the nail painting! I attached a picture.

I think I'll try doing another add-on package this summer but without the coupon, see if people will go for it. I'd like to do them seasonally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1134968

Ha! Those nails are tooooo cute. I wanted to do Holiday stuff this year but since I was just setting up the store I didn't really remember to order product in time. I'm excited for next year.

Comment

That sounds like an amesome package! I LOVE the nails. I wish I could do nails like that...heck I can't even do my nails that nice. lol

Comment

This is SUCH a good idea! What a great package you've put together. And those nails look incredible! I think changing them every four months, for the seasons would be a good idea to keep people interested. Hmm.. now, I wonder what the Spring one could be...

Comment

Very cute! How did you get the nails to be so perfect? Everytime I paint nails it ends up all over me and the dog because they wont stand still! I couldnt imagine doing those cute little stripes!

Comment

Originally posted by katie197888 View Post
            Very cute! How did you get the nails to be so perfect? Everytime I paint nails it ends up all over me and the dog because they wont stand still! I couldnt imagine doing those cute little stripes!
            Thanks! Well it helped that these nails belong to a 160lbs Great Dane, so I had a large nail canvas to work on! haha I use these craft paint pens I got at Michaels on sale, same ingredients as nail polish. Also, recently at Intergroom I purchased a set of DVDs from Angela Kumpfe and one of them were all these super cute nail designs! For stripes you could go to Sally's Beauty Supply and get the nail polish with the really skinny brush. Hope that helps!

Comment

Ahh very good idea. I actually have some of those paint pens, they are nice! Thanks for the tip! And how do you approach customers about adding on packages? I would love to but I'm a little timid and feel pushy when I try to suggest things lol I better learn to get over it if I wanna make money!

Comment

Originally posted by katie197888 View Post
                Ahh very good idea. I actually have some of those paint pens, they are nice! Thanks for the tip! And how do you approach customers about adding on packages? I would love to but I'm a little timid and feel pushy when I try to suggest things lol I better learn to get over it if I wanna make money!
                I just sa, would you be interested in tryout our new spring spa package? It comes with blah blah blah and its only 10 dollars added to the price of your groom!

They will say yes or no, easy as that!. don't feel bad if they say no! Also, if you go to walmart you can get big poster made and just post it in your shop! dont include the price of the add-on on it so that they read what it includes first, then when they ask how much it is .. OH its only 10 bucks extra!

Comment

Working...
                X