Brand of food you retail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand of food you retail?

For those of you that own your own shops, what brand of pet food do you carry? How well does it move for you?

I'm thinking about carrying some of Natura's lines of foods, but there is a significant minimum that must be met every week, and I expect sales would be slow to begin with.

i carry blue buffalo, which my dogs eat. it moves fairly well. i will order merrick, eagle, evolve and back2basics, because my distributor sells it. i am mobile not a shop. all my customers know whatever i sell my dogs eat and they are comfortable buying it. my treats are from merrick, blue buffalo and dogswell. i also have products from halo and lakse kronsh (salmon treats).
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

We sell mostly Eagle Pack and can't keep it in stock. We order every two weeks and have a developed a nice steady client base. We also sell some Merrick and a bit of Natural Balance, but did try the Natura foods, but the minimums are killer for such a small market. However, I really like their foods (especially the EVO line), but can't afford to stock it for it to sit on the shelves. We've had great success with EP and we also feed it in the kennel to the boarding dogs (for those who don't bring their own food). It's done wonders for a lot of our clients. We have been selling it now for over a year now.

We are looking into Solid Gold, but I'm not a huge fan of the companys ethics. Timberwolf Organics looks to be a great food (although my Chi's wouldn't touch it), but the company's customer service has been less than acceptable in my personal opinion.

Comment

We carry Innova and Cal Nat. Very good choice and people drive for an hour plus to get it. It also does not belong to the major food recalled company which is extremely nice. I love it, and that is saying a lot, because I have been very slow to jump on the premium food bandwagon (it was shoved down my throat as a child so I rebelled and bought store brands for years). We have a small shop and have an equivalent of at least a day or two worth of grooming sales every two weeks in it. That is of course total sales, not the mark up. Great to get new customers to. Oh yes Innova (at least here) advertises.

Comment

I don't. I thought about it when I first opened the shop, but since I'm the only person in the shop, I don't need the interuptions. Today I was so busy I didn't even bother answering the phone. I let the machine get it, and returned calls at the end of the day.

Comment

I am in the same boat as you, a one man operation (or rather woman). But there is no choice for good dog food, people think Iams is the best cause it is the most expensive...
            I would like to bring in Chicken SOup for the Dog lovers Soul, it is holistic, my yorkies recently went on it and I like the results I see.
            We'll see..

Comment

We carry Evo, Inova, and Ca. Natural (all Natura products) and they move well. Especially now, with all the hysteria over the other brands.

Oli and Whizzy both eat Ca. Natural, and I can't complain about anything. They love it, their coat and skin are great, and I don't have a problem controlling their weight.

Comment

I carry Solid Gold, Evangers, AvoDerm, Active Life and Merrick. We are currently looking into carrying Eagle Pack as well.

We retail about $1500 per week in food and treats.

Comment

Wellness. I can get as much or as little as I need, when I need it, and it's what I feed my dogs.

Comment

We carry Verus, Precise and Merrick at the store. But our distributor is literally two minutes away, so if a customer asks we will get them other foods like Natural Life, and Eagle Pack.
                    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I will be carrying Life's Abundance, exclusively. check it out: healthypetnet.com

Comment

Does anyone supplement

with vitamins, coat conditioners, joint health stuff etc...
                        in addition to the premium foods?

thanks
                        Erica

Comment

We're fairly new, but we retail Eagle Pack and Eagle Pack Holistic. It seems to be going well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by eli View Post
                            with vitamins, coat conditioners, joint health stuff etc...
                            in addition to the premium foods?

thanks
                            Erica

I don't, with the exception of joint supplement for the two old guys. :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X