Pet ID engraving machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet ID engraving machines?

Do any of you have one of these? If so what kind of revenue do you get from it and is it worth having?

I always wondered the samething

Comment

I think the id tag ingraved tags that you do right then and there are very cheap looking. Instead, you should sell the Red Dingo or Rockin' Doggie tags. Customer orders, you fill out the form and fax it to the company and they ship the tag right to the customer. They are really nice stainless steel tags in a variety of colors and designs. Good profit too!

Comment

engraving machine

Those engraving machines are so expensive and are not the highest quality tags. They do not last very long. Check out a site called Boomerangtags.com, you can become a vendor at no cost to you. They send you a nice display, you get clients info, and enter it online and the tag is sent directly to thier home or address of choice. Exceptional quality at the same price people pay for cheap ones at Walmart or pet supply store. You pay a set fee (very reasonable) for each tag to back to vendor and charge the customer whatever you would like. I personally charge what Boomerrang tags sells them for. So you make a 100% + profit and have no inventory or overhead costs. Just pay the invoice sent each month by the vendor. You can't go wrong and all my clients have been thrilled with the tags. Check it out.

Comment

yeah, I've had some of those tags made and within a few months they were unreadable. Bought some stamped tags online and they have held up much better. I wanted the thick plastic ones but at the time, couldn't find them anywhere.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by alphipsu View Post
            I think the id tag ingraved tags that you do right then and there are very cheap looking. Instead, you should sell the Red Dingo or Rockin' Doggie tags. Customer orders, you fill out the form and fax it to the company and they ship the tag right to the customer. They are really nice stainless steel tags in a variety of colors and designs. Good profit too!
            How do you get signed up with them? These are the tags my boys where

Comment

i like red dingo, and so do my clients. they have a website, google red dingo and it should come up (if you can't find it i can get it for you).

the tags are heavy duty stainless with a design on the front that the client chooses, they send you a board with samples on it along with an order book. then you place the order online, the client pays you (you charge whatever you want) and then red dingo bills you their cost each month, or you can give them your credit card to charge. it is easy and has worked well for me so far no problems.

Comment

heres the site http://www.reddingo.net/ in case anyone else wants it

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                  yeah, I've had some of those tags made and within a few months they were unreadable. Bought some stamped tags online and they have held up much better. I wanted the thick plastic ones but at the time, couldn't find them anywhere.

mylady, red dingo has the thick plastic tags too.

Comment

i do the Red Dingo too! LOVE it! No upfront investment, they provide the samples, supplies, etc and all I have to do is call in/fax the order They are great quality tags and one plus, the stainless steel doesn't stain the coat like aluminum!

Comment

I don't think it would be very profitable or worth the time to send off their information. Something they can do on their own.

Comment

Mitch, how many tags would you have to sell (with the engraving machine) to see a profit? My guess would be 3-4 hundred. Those machines run in the $1500 - $2000 range, not to mention the cost of the tags themselves, so it could take you quite a while to see any profit from them.

I like the tags I sell because they cost me NOTHING unless I sell one and the markup is really GOOD! So I make profit from the very first tag They have excellent customer service and mail the tag off to the customer in one day, so the client has them really fast. Also, they provide all the marketing materials free of charge. Even the mailing is free, so the customer doesn't have to pay that cost.

Comment

The company that I looked into not only sell the machines but lease them out too. Their sending me some info. I'll keep you posted if interested.

Comment

red dingo is profitable because you markup the cost of the tag however high you want. i enter orders online and it is very simple.

i do think the machine could be nice, cause you can do it on site. i used one at a trade show once and it was kind of fun. might be a good impulse buy...

Comment

Red Dingo - wonderful

Red Dingo is great to work with. Unless you sell the tags for less than they cost you ($6-7$) then there is NO risk, and NO financial outlay. The tags are super nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X