This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail & Add-on's Poll #3

Please take this poll regarding your add-on services.
    Pet massage
    7.02%
    Spa treatments - facial only
    14.04%
    Spa treatments - complete
    47.37%
    Creative grooming - color, style etc
    12.28%
    Behavioral training
    19.30%
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Although I sell more frequent spa packages, my massage clients earn me at least that much income weekly- and the product usage is lower and the physicality is by far more forgiving.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

When I started with the facials I used it as an add on , but I wanted to show the positive effects and do what I thought was best for the pet so Facials have become the norm on an average groom. Hardest thing for me is to NOT give a facial ,shedless, Deep moiturizing treatment or any other add on service to a pet who I see really needs it , when the owner thinks it's just a dog and they don't want the extra expense. Is this wrong? Hurting my business? My prices still reflect my time and supplies so honestly I'm still making money.

LOL guess this is one of the examples of a "Groomer" wearing another hat she really shouldn't? I'll be the first to admit I'm not a business Savy person at all!!

Comment

Smart girl, Griffons Mom!!! Actually you are extremely business savvy and will probably succeed in areas others fail.
        what I do - all pets get what they need and every pet gets a blueberry facial, breath spray, toy, bows, cologne, bandana and even some aria charms that I picked up from petedge for 39Cents a few months back.

Lead them to the items you used and..voila! 3 retail products sold.
        Last edited by YorkieGal; 09-22-08, 02:59 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Thank you Yorkie. I always appreciate your advice

Comment

I can't click on any

I don't do add ons at all. Personally I HATE add ons when I go to buy anything. It sounds manipulative just to get more money to me. There is a shop and a mobile groomer around that charges extra for nail trimming, conditioner, good shampoos. I charge a decent price that includes the best of what the dog needs. I could see massage as an add on though, but it would have to be scheduled I would think.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

My best selling add on is a Deshed. Not a poll option.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrooh View Post
                I don't do add ons at all. Personally I HATE add ons when I go to buy anything. It sounds manipulative just to get more money to me. There is a shop and a mobile groomer around that charges extra for nail trimming, conditioner, good shampoos. I charge a decent price that includes the best of what the dog needs.
                Exactly! Heck I don't even offer tooth brushing cause it is a rip off. I may not be a great business person but I sleep at night. I have always given what is best for the pet. I can see paying a bit more for a flea or med due to the extra time it takes but to upgrade a shampoo or charge more for bang trim or feet like petsomethings is robbery in my book. If I find a product that really works and does cost more I will offer it, but not till then. If I book a Chow I know to expect a lot of coat to fly so I include that in my price. Some of my competitors are like "X-Large bath $$" then you get there and it is like $$$. I would rather keep my clients in my doors than simply get them through it.

Comment

My current add ons only include nail polishing and dremmeling. I charge high enough prices to include premium products, including salt scrubs, deshedding, etc. on all our clients all the time.

Comment

I offer a de-shed add on. That is the only add on I do.

Comment

Wanting to learn

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
                      Although I sell more frequent spa packages, my massage clients earn me at least that much income weekly- and the product usage is lower and the physicality is by far more forgiving.
                      Windyway, how do I go bout learning pet massage? I have a senior shih tzu that I think would benefit form it, and I am always massaging him, but I am not sure if I am doing it the proper way for the most benefits for him.
                      How did you learn? and what products do you use? He is old and stiff and his mobility is there, but he tires easily. If I can do something to make him more comfortable, I would love to know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gluergirl View Post
                        Windyway, how do I go bout learning pet massage? I have a senior shih tzu that I think would benefit form it, and I am always massaging him, but I am not sure if I am doing it the proper way for the most benefits for him.
                        How did you learn? and what products do you use? He is old and stiff and his mobility is there, but he tires easily. If I can do something to make him more comfortable, I would love to know about it.
                        Here are two great sites for learning and certifying info and opportunities:
                        www.iaamb.com
                        www.petmassage.com
                        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
                        X