Bald, but cute!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald, but cute!

This is Auggie the Aussie X. This is is first groom with me. When we first meet I immediately thought cushing's? The owner corrected me and I guess it's a congenital defect of some kind (don't remember the vet terminology for the condition), he just doesn't grow fur on his back. I joked with her and said perhaps he was mixed with a Chinese Crested! LOL.

It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

That is a heeler mix.....probably been shaved his entire life is why his hair dosent grow right....or could be a thyroid issue. Looks cute though.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
      That is a heeler mix.....probably been shaved his entire life is why his hair dosent grow right....or could be a thyroid issue. Looks cute though.
      I thought post shave alopesia as well Cyn. Seemed the lines made an awful nice patter to his baldness. Mom did refer to it a a specific medical condition that she said the vet diagnosed before the test results even came back as I guess it's a issue her vet as seen before? Definately could be a heeler/aussie x.
      It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

His baldness did make a nice pattern. He makes a very cute " Crested", lol.

Comment

Alopecia can also be symmetrical hair loss caused by excessive levels of steroids in the dogs body produced by the adrenal glands, low thyroid levels or testosterone or estrogen related hair loss.
          I didn't locate a certain medical term for the symmetrical hair loss. Although looking it up made me remember a toy poodle from 21 yrs ago (had forgotten about her). She had face hair, topknot, full haired legs and a poof tail, long ears......body was as smooth as a baby's butt! I loved to groom her, lol, easy peasy.

Comment

You made him look his best, that is what counts.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
              X