No announcement yet.

Such dramatic. So transformation. Wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such dramatic. So transformation. Wow.

A day in the life, huh? While you people are making magic and doing miracle transformations, I'm over here all same thing all day every day. Take this short dog right here and make 'em shorter. I got you, fam. If you squint and blink just right, you'll see the difference. I so love these owners who just want to maintain simple trims. I'm pretty much phoning it in at this point, ha!

Seriously, I'm not complaining. It is gravy and these easy dogs pay well. I have just enough of the fluffier, cutesy stuff not to get bored, and the rest of my day is these gravy dogs. I just lol at the pictures because while you guys are doing dramatic makeovers, I am doing these don't blink or you'll miss the changes. Love the gravy, though.

First is Prissy who gets her complete miracle makeover (lol) every two weeks. Second is Scooter who comes in on a three week schedule. I had to do a double take to make sure I had the befores and afters right.

I do occasionally get to jazz up a simple trim with something like ear tassels. Which may be silly, and his vet laughs at him for this, but I think it's freaking adorable.

Comment

I like to add bell bottoms to short trims. At least on girls. Makes them cute.

Comment

I love those tassles!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol TC, your days are alot like mine. I think that's why I forget to take pics....not much to show 8n a before and after. But I do love my gravy dogs as well. I did get to do a Brussels Griffon last week and a Scotty in correct trim this week, nice change of pace.
          Dusty, I gave up on the bell bottoms (that are so dang cute) after my clients hated the big feet and wet grass....feet short as possible is what I hear most.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

TotallyClips, most of my customers are like that. Every 3-4-5 weeks, easy 7f all over, and they freak out if they go a day longer because the dog looks "overgrown"! It does get boring, but it's easy money. I just got new customer with a maltipoo, who likes her kept at 1 inch, I was so excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree that sometimes those who keep up retake schedules - weekly to every three weeks get to be dull in the creativity aspect - but they make up for the owners who think that every 2 1/2 months without brushing is too much fussing. Just did one of my every other week yoy poos today - and the owner scheduled put the rest of the year before leaving. (In good conscious I had to drop the price on that be since it only takes me 40 minutes start to finish. ).

Comment

Oh I do poodle w 10 down when I do bells. And only short bells! I want to be able to brush and don't 2snt them to complain about wet feet. Used to own a cocker. Put him in a poodle lamb w poodle feet.

Comment

Poodle feet below bells sorry. I am tired of cuts all the time.

Comment

Really nice work! I'm kind of lie a rollar coaster. Some days I love the ease of just having all shave downs and others I wish I could do something a bit fancier. It ebs and flows.
                    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
                      Poodle feet below bells sorry. I am tired of cuts all the time.
                      Huh? What did I miss...cuts....do you mean admin deleting some of your post?
                      I understood poodle feet below the bells......I have a few, very few that try the bells with poodle feet, they still complain of wet hair from bells....makes me want to tell them to mow their yard, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                        Huh? What did I miss...cuts....do you mean admin deleting some of your post?
                        I understood poodle feet below the bells......I have a few, very few that try the bells with poodle feet, they still complain of wet hair from bells....makes me want to tell them to mow their yard, lol.

I read that as being tired of doing just plain cuts all the time and preferring to do something a little fancier.

But yeah, like your people, mine who want short would have a cow over anything fancy like bell bottoms. Not that it's not cute. These people just want it all off. I have some that do monthly buzzdowns that include tails and ears.

I do have just enough fancier dogs not to get bored, but I am kind of glad for all these easy dogs, too. I don't know how much longer my cherry-picking days are going to last, though. I just found out we are getting a Petsomething in my town less than a mile away. They can have all the big dogs for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
                          I read that as being tired of doing just plain cuts all the time and preferring to do something a little fancier.

But yeah, like your people, mine who want short would have a cow over anything fancy like bell bottoms. Not that it's not cute. These people just want it all off. I have some that do monthly buzzdowns that include tails and ears.

I do have just enough fancier dogs not to get bored, but I am kind of glad for all these easy dogs, too. I don't know how much longer my cherry-picking days are going to last, though. I just found out we are getting a Petsomething in my town less than a mile away. They can have all the big dogs for sure.
                          Ahh....plain cuts, I get it now...duh!
                          TC, Petsomething might effect you for a bit (clients gotta check out the new) but they will soon return to you.
                          And Yes, that is where I send all large dogs....ppl whine about it too due to all the upselling Petsomething does...but I refuse to do large dogs anymore except my own.
                          Cyn
                          Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
                          Last edited by Cyn; 09-13-16, 05:05 PM. Reason: Can't spell

Comment

At some point groomers either need to hire help for large dogs, or like Cyn pass them along, just to be kind to our bodies.

Comment

I am so pleased to have extra help now, I may not have stayed grooming.

Comment

Working...
                              X