Puppy's first groom, my first doodle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy's first groom, my first doodle.

Emma seriously kicked my butt. THANK GOD she was not matted. Just pulled a lot and whined but was very sweet!

The owner wanted short but not shaved, and a full head. The only thing I don't like is how it curls around the nose like that, but I didn't cut it away.

This is my first doodle groom, and I was pretty proud of myself!
    Attached Files

I think you did very well on your first doodle. Something tells me that the owner hasn't or probably won't keep this dog on a regular grooming schedule and for that I would have used my 3/8 snap on guard on the body. I would have probably taken my 1/2 guard on the top of the head and opened the area above the eyes. I would have scooped out the hair at the inner corner of the eyes. I would have taken my #30 blade and shaved off the hair under the nose (this prevents hair from getting into the mouth, especially while eating). After the beard trim, I would have taken my curved scissors and trimmed the hair from the top of the nose to the bottom of the beard in a curved line which opens the mouth area even more to prevent hair from getting into the mouth. Most likely I would have used my aggressive thinners to pull out some of the thick hair in the beard. The sad thing is that by the time this owner gets inspired to get her doggie groomed again, the hair will be all over her eyes again. I'm hoping that she rescheduled in 4-6-8 weeks.

Happy rescheduling

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
      I think you did very well on your first doodle. Something tells me that the owner hasn't or probably won't keep this dog on a regular grooming schedule and for that I would have used my 3/8 snap on guard on the body. I would have probably taken my 1/2 guard on the top of the head and opened the area above the eyes. I would have scooped out the hair at the inner corner of the eyes. I would have taken my #30 blade and shaved off the hair under the nose (this prevents hair from getting into the mouth, especially while eating). After the beard trim, I would have taken my curved scissors and trimmed the hair from the top of the nose to the bottom of the beard in a curved line which opens the mouth area even more to prevent hair from getting into the mouth. Most likely I would have used my aggressive thinners to pull out some of the thick hair in the beard. The sad thing is that by the time this owner gets inspired to get her doggie groomed again, the hair will be all over her eyes again. I'm hoping that she rescheduled in 4-6-8 weeks.

Happy rescheduling

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
      I think if she comes back I'm going to grow those mustache curls out so they fall down with the rest.

Comment

She's a cutie! I love my Doodle clients.❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the only way to get rid of those curls is to be patient and let them grow so they have more weight and lay flat. Maybe you can even point that out to the owner, so she doesn't snip them out herself. Otherwise, you did great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
            I think the only way to get rid of those curls is to be patient and let them grow so they have more weight and lay flat. Maybe you can even point that out to the owner, so she doesn't snip them out herself. Otherwise, you did great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            I didn't even think to mention it when they picked up... oh well.

I think it is a 3 body, I would have tried a 0 comb if I could do it over.

Comment

Just want to agree for first Doodle nice job. Longer coat does allow for more stretch dry.

Comment

Working...
              X