X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadie the Springer

Ta-da!
    Attached Files
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

WOW.......nice job.....she's beautiful

Love the hot pink dryers !!

Happy loving pink

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Beautiful groom, nice looking Sadie.

Comment

she looks so pretty and looks like she knows it, too! Great job!

Comment

Nice looking girl. You did a nice job.

Comment

She looks so proud! Great job on the groom[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So nice, love the pink against her coloring.

Comment

Thank you for all the kind words. Hoping it will look better once we grow her feathers out more and need to card out more coat.
                  Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Not bad. Whiskers need to come off. Yeah, I know some owners think they "need" them. It makes for a much cleaner look on sporting dogs. Hocks could be tighter also. Nice job though.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                      Not bad. Whiskers need to come off. Yeah, I know some owners think they "need" them. It makes for a much cleaner look on sporting dogs. Hocks could be tighter also. Nice job though.
                      Thanks Tom! Great job catching the whiskers! I prefer them taken off as well. Did you happen to notice the top of the skull? Mom liked all the whispys and asked to leave them. : / You are either the only one that noticed, or the only one that mentioned it. I was waiting for someone to mention it. I'll take note on making the hocks tighter next groom. Thanks for your insight!
                      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to see the top of the head. The head should be done with thinners only for show so you don't see clipper lines, but I found the 8 1/2 blade is the perfect length for the top of the head for salon work.

Then I blend to a 10 right where the ear meets the head and work the 10 down the ear 3 finger widths and no further keeping the front fringe alone. You can also tighten the face up by dragging a 10 blade on edge on the side of head and muzzle.

Depending on the thickness of their bone, you can take the hocks tighter. More bone, tighter hock. Less bone, leave more hock hair for the illusion of thick bone. It's hard for me not to view dogs through a AKC breed standard lens. That's what happens when you start grooming show stock first and move to average pet dogs later.

Comment

Good catch Tom.

Comment

Ooh I have a Springer next week, hope I can get her to look this great.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                              I groom one with specific instructions to leave whiskers on, she looks like an otter! I agree, much cleaner look without them, but whatever owner wants...

Comment

Working...
                              X