Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a big job

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a big job

    Reina is an Alaskan malamute. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures. OMGOSH soooo soooo soooo much undercoat. She was pretty much pelted. She was bathed at another groomer a week before, but I guess they were not able to get through the coat and overbrushed. When I checked her in, she looked bad, but not pelted. Once I got in there I saw the severity of the situation. It took all day with breaks and treats, and after 5 hours of brushing/raking/hv-ing, we were done. Let's not forget the 2 hours of prep work I did just to loosen everything and bathe her! Some may say it's cruel to put her through all that, but I assure you I was extremely gentle with her, took my time, gave breaks, and let my tools and products do most of the work. It was just a matter of getting the coat to release, and removing it bit by bit. She was such a good girl throughout the process.

    We've set up her next 6 baths. Mom doesn't want her getting like that again, and neither do I!! haha
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Great job, Pretzel! You know the dog feels much much better!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great job!! Having Malamute's I have to stay on top of their grooming, especially our female who has the longer hair.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Beautiful job! I always hate seeing dogs like that, but after the job is done it feels good to see what a difference you made for the pup. And awesome that the pet parent booked out and want to keep up from now on! Great job!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Great job! Glad the parent booked next appointments.
          (And hope you charged for all the time you spent making the dog beautiful!)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ABDG View Post
            (And hope you charged for all the time you spent making the dog beautiful!)
            oh yes! I did! the owner was super impressed and happy to pay.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cmf07 View Post
              Great job!! Having Malamute's I have to stay on top of their grooming, especially our female who has the longer hair.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              how many do you have? I think these dogs are just gorgeous, but I could never own one...too much hair! sounds kind of silly coming from a groomer, right?! lol

              Comment


              • #8
                thanks guys, even though it's the most work, these are my favorite grooms.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great job! And I think it would have been crueler to shave her, which is what a lot of groomers would have done.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pretzel View Post
                    how many do you have? I think these dogs are just gorgeous, but I could never own one...too much hair! sounds kind of silly coming from a groomer, right?! lol
                    We have 2. Our male is what I call a typical malamute, the short guard hairs and he's pretty easy to take care of when he blows his coat. Our female on the other hand is a lot of work with the longer hair. But she likes to be brushed and that is a huge plus. I love the disposition of the Malamutes - yes they can be stubborn, but they are so much fun and are very good-natured.Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1461423584.185892.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1122275Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1461423601.315784.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1122276

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cmf07 View Post
                      We have 2. Our male is what I call a typical malamute, the short guard hairs and he's pretty easy to take care of when he blows his coat. Our female on the other hand is a lot of work with the longer hair. But she likes to be brushed and that is a huge plus. I love the disposition of the Malamutes - yes they can be stubborn, but they are so much fun and are very good-natured.[ATTACH]27534[/ATTACH][ATTACH]27535[/ATTACH]
                      wow! they are beautiful! thanks for sharing pictures of your fur babies!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        paws up Pretzel

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          happy you saved the coat and you got the owner on board with appointments. Nice work.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                            Great job! And I think it would have been crueler to shave her, which is what a lot of groomers would have done.
                            ^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
                            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                            Henry David Thoreau

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Love it like everyone said. Above and beyond.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X