No Sedation Needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sedation Needed!!

Groomed a girl today that the owners claimed she needed full sedation to be groomed. They told me she was fairly decent except for her backend, then she supposedly turned "cujo". They are telling me all this while I am touching her everywhere. Told them I was going to try with her not sedated, and they basically told me that I had been warned.......Her coat was very, very dirty. I am thinking she had never had a bath ever. She sat really well for nails, and feet trim. Put her in tub, shampooed 3 times, coat condition for 10 min. and hv dryer. She fell asleep. Finished her in 3 hrs. Tomorrow she has surgery to remove a large mass on her inside back leg, here's hoping it's not cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pretty when you finished her. She must have bonded to you somehow. It is nice when these things happen and the owner thinks you are the dog whisperer.

Comment

Fantastic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

She looks shy and nervous, but sweet. Her fur is so pretty. I hope her owners give her lots of praise and attention for being so pretty

Comment

Found out the large mass on her inside back leg was a fatty lump, not cancer. Whew!! Also found out she is 12 years old. Other than being severely overweight, she looks pretty good. Owners were happy with how she looked, claimed I must have some kind of "groomer mojo" to get her done without sedation. They told me it took the two of them, holding her down to brush out back end. So, that being said, I pulled my comb out, and showed them how to do it right. They were amazed and said that I was hired. Guess I will be seeing her every 3 mos from now on[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's cases like this that in my opinion reinforced why we became Groomers. These are the challenge dogs and make it all worthwhile

Comment

Good job Hucksmom.

Comment

Just had a conversation the other day with a colleague how you have to take what the owners say with a grain of salt sometimes. It's usually the ones that the owners say a sweethearts that are the biters. I"ve had owners walk in with muzzles saying we would need them and the dog was perfectly fine.
                Kudos for doing the dog without sedation, and she came out beautiful by the way.
                It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                X