Asian style American Cocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian style American Cocker

This is Tessie! She's my 11(ish) year old cocker spaniel. She is a really special dog and She's getting older so I wanted to do something fun on her that would make her look a little younger (and maybe get her more pets from strangers!). So today I took her body down to a 9 blade and hand scissored in her legs. Tessie has always had bad skin despite our best efforts, so please forgive the flaking . She's still growing out from being shaved head to toe early this summer as she doesn't love the heat and she was in a modified cocker cut. I think this might even be manageable to keep during the summer! She also got tons of new sweaters today. Overall a happy happy girl.

http://imgur.com/a/PSSht

She is cute! I like the hair on the top of her head. Good looking for her age, too.

Comment

Awe.... I love cockers!

Comment

Love the look. ( May have to steal it ---.
        Especially love the comb over.

Comment

Very cute!

Comment

Sorry, but all I see is those legs bringing in the house is grass clippings, mulch, dried leaves, burs and mats. I'm thankful that my cocker clients want an easy, maintained cut. You've also doomed a senior dog to walk around with hair in its vision......So overall, I give it a 1 star out of 5.

Happy getting out the clippers again

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

She looks cute! Ok that's not an easy maintain but that's prettier than shave down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                Sorry, but all I see is those legs bringing in the house is grass clippings, mulch, dried leaves, burs and mats. I'm thankful that my cocker clients want an easy, maintained cut. You've also doomed a senior dog to walk around with hair in its vision......So overall, I give it a 1 star out of 5.

Happy getting out the clippers again

Well she's my dog so I doubt I'll be getting the clippers out again. Her hair is kept up in a band except for pictures so I doubt it's bothering her. And since she doesn't actually go into the grass except exactly far enough to do her business, that's also a non-issue. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but a little diplomacy might go further for ya than assumptions... since you know what they say about assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchie View Post
                  She looks cute! Ok that's not an easy maintain but that's prettier than shave down.
                  It's actually super easy to maintain. I only groom her once every 12 weeks or so... and half the time she doesn't even get a bath between. I took two inches off her legs and they hadn't matted. I guess I'm just blessed. Maybe if I went 16 weeks it would be a problem.

Comment

Dolly all my dogs have that much hair or more, have a dog door, and I have a VERY clean house. They get done once a month, never any grass, burrs or twigs in them. My gosh don't you people landscape out there?

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                      Dolly all my dogs have that much hair or more, have a dog door, and I have a VERY clean house. They get done once a month, never any grass, burrs or twigs in them. My gosh don't you people landscape out there?
                      Well, heck gosh.........us'n live in tents out in the middle of the fields, where the grass grows tall, and the burs are big. You'all in NV ever use mulch ?

Happy living in the Hillbilly Midwest

Comment

Love the Quaph!! Absolutely adorable. I'm with chewie and I think I might have to steal this look for my Mom's cockers!
                        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Awww it's so cute. And it's pretty hard to get an Asian look on a cocker without extreme hair on legs and something different on head. I like the fringe, you could even braid the last third of it so that it can flop and not be in the way.
                          I give you a 5 star out of 5 stars for originality, and for making an old girl beautiful, and for being yet another groomer who likes grooming dogs, so you can maintain more hair if you want to ( like me!)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Asian look on a Cocker, that is a challenge.

Comment

Missed this one. Interesting look, like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X