First Asian style attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Asian style attempt

First time client gave me the go ahead to start growing out the legs and get creative. I'm a pretty new groomer and this is my first attempt at an Asian style groom. Tips?

The trick with Asian style grooming is in the oval shape of the muzzle and where the hair is located. I would take the chin shorter, and move the muzzle slightly higher, this changes the expression of the groom. You have lots of options for the head, it's really all about preference and what they can maintain. There are some excellent educational tools out there now for learning how to do these styles.
    One is the magazine and DVD by Olga Zabelinskaya, and other is a thick 164 page book of step by step instructions in English by Riza Wisnom. http://www.canadiangroomingdistribut..._%26_DVDs.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
      The trick with Asian style grooming is in the oval shape of the muzzle and where the hair is located. I would take the chin shorter, and move the muzzle slightly higher, this changes the expression of the groom. You have lots of options for the head, it's really all about preference and what they can maintain. There are some excellent educational tools out there now for learning how to do these styles.
      One is the magazine and DVD by Olga Zabelinskaya, and other is a thick 164 page book of step by step instructions in English by Riza Wisnom. http://www.canadiangroomingdistribut..._%26_DVDs.html

Thanks! Definitely going to check that out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post

They both look fantastic. If you could only get one, which one would you get?

Comment

Have a look at strawberry 0802's channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0r...uxM3omw3I5kwRg

Comment

Good for you, on your way East.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
              They both look fantastic. If you could only get one, which one would you get?

Riza Wisnom book. It has the most variety plus tones of pictures and some explanations about WHY you set the line there that helped me to be able to select style on my own better.
              The Olga DVDs contain variety basic drawn patterns with real pictures from other groomers of those styles. Each magazine features different coat type and the DVD has one full groom on it. I did also learn things from hers as well

Comment

I wish we could get more customers to request Asian.

Comment

Man I took pictures just for you of half done muzzles etc, through Christmas crazy grooming even!! Stupid site says my tablet pic is too big... Will have to figure out how to change it I guess

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

So have you gotten to continue to tweak this dogs groom??? Would love to see

Comment

Sadly, the owner rebooked for a bath and brush two months out (next appointment in April). Perhaps I'll try to talk him into getting his dogs on an alternating schedule. Airedale BB/Schnauzer FG and switch for the next appointment. Hopefully he'll let me keep the style. There really want an option to keep anything longer the first time. Got recommendations?

Comment

Totally mixed up. Thought you were talking about another dog. I've been working on this guy but wasn't happy with my last groom. He has such badly twisted legs, I've been growing them out and trying to disguise it. Tricky since he turns them differently with every shift of his body

Comment

Off to a good start.

Comment

Could NOT get him to close his mouth. NOT thrilled with this groom. Open to suggestions for the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

At least I've almost managed to disguise his severely twisted legs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X