Grooms from 7 years ago.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooms from 7 years ago.....

Found this pic of a Bichon I groomed 7 years or so. Oh my humble beginnings.....
    Attached Files
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Very nice, but a simple cut. Now this what "I" as a newbie groomer need to see. When I look at experienced groomers work of today, all I can do is sigh, and say "someday I will groom like that". Someday seems a long way away when there's not a hair out of place and the person has been grooming 5,7,10, or 15 years and more. This pic gives me hope and lets me know that simple is fine in the beginning. It makes me not be anxious about grooming new clients

Comment

I love looking at my old pictures, especially the ones from only 5 years ago that I was especially proud of and my memory of that groom was somewhat different than what I saw in the pictures... It's a really good reminder to not get too full of myself... And keep learning

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Bichon now.....still needs improvement, but definitely better than it was.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bichon1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1122215
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bichon.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1122214
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
          I love looking at my old pictures, especially the ones from only 5 years ago that I was especially proud of and my memory of that groom was somewhat different than what I saw in the pictures... It's a really good reminder to not get too full of myself... And keep learning

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Same here. Back then this was one of the fanciest cuts I did and I was very proud of it. Looking back I'm still proud of my "newbie" work, but can't imagine sending it outr the door today looking like that.
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey33 View Post
            Very nice, but a simple cut. Now this what "I" as a newbie groomer need to see. When I look at experienced groomers work of today, all I can do is sigh, and say "someday I will groom like that". Someday seems a long way away when there's not a hair out of place and the person has been grooming 5,7,10, or 15 years and more. This pic gives me hope and lets me know that simple is fine in the beginning. It makes me not be anxious about grooming new clients
            I think I will always look at others work hoping to be as good as that someday. There is always room for improvement no matter where you are in your career IMO.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
              I think I will always look at others work hoping to be as good as that someday. There is always room for improvement no matter where you are in your career IMO.
              Can't agree more. The challenge to improve, IMO is what makes grooming fun and ongoing.

Comment

Working...
              X