Lincoln the Darth Vader Poodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln the Darth Vader Poodle

Mom and Dad couldn't agree on a style. They both agreed they wanted him all one length with clean face and feet, but Dad wanted a more Porti style, floppy head, and Mom wanted more a poodle topknot, but not to poodly of course, so this is what I came up with. At drop off as they were debating the look they wanted and I was trying to make suggestions and show pictures, the husband looked at me and said," I sleep with her (pointing to his wife) not you, so I have to go with what she says." What an F'ed up thing to say IMO. On top of that the dog was out of control and jumping and pulling all over the place as he is only *months old. I recommended obidience and was informed that they did Puppy class at Petsmart. I explained Puppy class was more for socialization and an Adult class would be more structured. I was told he was to young for that! Without thinking I blurted "Why?" I was then feed a bunch of BS. :/
    After I looking at the pic I kinda snickered because he looks like he's wearing a Darth Vader helmet! LOL When the owners came they made me strip the hocks down, bummer. And Mom asked me to take the top knot tighter as Dad kept saying, "I think he just wants to go." referring to the dog of course. Geesh. As they watched me make the adjustments Mom looked at her husband and said, "That looks easy enough, we could probably do that ourselves at home." Are you kidding me!

IMO these are the worst kind of customers. A part of me just wanted to tell them that they might be happier with another groomer and perhaps we couldn't meet their needs. If it wasn't for the fact that the dog was excellent to groom and super sweet I might have.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0c&oe=56BF3E3A
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

He looks great. Although I must admit hard on the eyes. So I have question, I've never groomed an all black dog "yet", is a black dog harder to groom than a white dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
      As they watched me make the adjustments Mom looked at her husband and said, "That looks easy enough, we could probably do that ourselves at home."
      For your sake I hope they do try it at home. Sounds like PITA customers you don't need!

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey33 View Post
        He looks great. Although I must admit hard on the eyes. So I have question, I've never groomed an all black dog "yet", is a black dog harder to groom than a white dog?
        I think in most cases black dogs have better hair for grooming/scissoring - for me, at least. I have several customers with two dogs - two poodles, two shih-tzus, etc., one of which is black. I find it that the hair on black ones is thicker and not as limp, and just better to scissor. But I always have white towel on a table when I groom a black dog, so it doesn't glen with the table top.

Comment

Well........I agree with Mom........the hock area is out of balance, and the head looks way too long to last until the next grooming appointment. A nice, tight 2.5" top knot that is separated from the ears would have looked nice, plus last. This long helmet that your created looks like it won't last until the end of the week without falling into the eyes. I am assuming that they requested a clean tail.

Happy listening to Mom

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
            Well........I agree with Mom........the hock area is out of balance, and the head looks way too long to last until the next grooming appointment. A nice, tight 2.5" top knot that is separated from the ears would have looked nice, plus last. This long helmet that your created looks like it won't last until the end of the week without falling into the eyes. I am assuming that they requested a clean tail.

Happy listening to Mom

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
            Yes they requested "all one length".Hence taking the hocks down. I shown them a picture of a poodle in a Bikini clip and they wanted no poms. I then shown them a poodle in a sporting clip which they liked except the pom on the tail. I left the hocks to try to give the dog some kind of rear angulation. I was trying to find a happy medium between what Dad wanted and Mom wanted. I figured if I didn't "set" the ear I could maintain the shaggy look Dad liked and not make the topknot too Poodley like Mom said.

Happy trying next time, right Dolly.
            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
              I think in most cases black dogs have better hair for grooming/scissoring - for me, at least. I have several customers with two dogs - two poodles, two shih-tzus, etc., one of which is black. I find it that the hair on black ones is thicker and not as limp, and just better to scissor. But I always have white towel on a table when I groom a black dog, so it doesn't glen with the table top.
              That is a great idea about the towel, where did I miss that one?

Comment

Working...
              X