Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the shave downs commence!

Bella the keeshund.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

May she grow out happier. Nice work!

Comment

A on technical and A on artistic. The head is very nice and the dog looks happy

Comment

Ver nice. I take it she doesn't like her diggers shaved. Very cute and balanced going into the feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
          Ver nice. I take it she doesn't like her diggers shaved. Very cute and balanced going into the feet.
          It was horrible doing her legs!!!! Despite the fact that I HATE shaving DC dogs to begin with I always try to leave as much coat as possible if I have to take them down. I was able to get a 7F through most of it but the legs and tail were to tight and I had to use a #10 in those areas.

I personally don't like the way her legs came out. If you saw the dog in person you would see where I did my best to blend the #10 in to the #7 but there are definitely chop spots. C'est la vie though. Did the best with what I had to work with. I haven't seen this dog since around Thanksgiving.
          It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post

I personally don't like the way her legs came out. If you saw the dog in person you would see where I did my best to blend the #10 in to the #7 but there are definitely chop spots. C'est la vie though. Did the best with what I had to work with. I haven't seen this dog since around Thanksgiving.
              NF you are too hard on yourself.
              While you have to focus hard on each area of the body as you painstakingly work your way through the mess, very few folks spend their evenings lovingly gazing at their dog’s legs.

Comment

One happy dog and a smooth cut. You did what you had to do and a lot more.

Comment

I think you did great on the legs and blended feet!!!! I was just remarking because I do the same thing as you when they’re uncooperative in their extremities like that.

Comment

So many shavedowns don't look as nice as this.

Comment

Nice shave down under circumstances.

Comment

It was horrible doing her legs!!!! Despite the fact that I HATE shaving DC dogs to begin with I always try to leave as much coat as possible if I have to take them down. I was able to get a 7F through most of it but the legs and tail were to tight and I had to use a #10 in those areas.

I love the way NF you make the most perfected style with what you have to work with. Please post more pictures sometimes. I want to be more like that too.

Comment

A bath and blow out would probably have helped that. If you must take it off before the bath, the shorter areas could be left until after.

Comment

You did a very good job, it turned quite well. I did not even notice that the legs were a different length.

Comment

Looks pretty darn good to me. We are getting our share of shavedowns coming up this week. Have not seen some regulars for 14 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X