**CRITIQUES** Springer Spaniel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **CRITIQUES** Springer Spaniel

This is Sadie. I've posted pics of her before. I keep tweeking things here and there trying to get better. Currently I am working on growing out her rear furnishings and hope once they get some length it will lay nice to ahow off her rear angulation. Right now it just kind of stcks out and makes her butt look big.

The owner requests a full ear, to leave the top of the skull fur and the whiskers. Any and all critiques are appreciated. TIA!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

This is coming across beautifully.

Comment

Lovely job....what did you do on the back? My son has a Springer......they are currently living with us while building a house. They won't let me cut the ears or the neck and back area. she is also black and white and a beauty but would be so much prettier groomed properly and those ears stay a mess because they are so longggggg!

Comment

Originally posted by Countrygrl View Post
        Lovely job....what did you do on the back? My son has a Springer......they are currently living with us while building a house. They won't let me cut the ears or the neck and back area. she is also black and white and a beauty but would be so much prettier groomed properly and those ears stay a mess because they are so longggggg!
        Thank you. I used a #4 on the jacket and set angulation with a #7 and used a #7 in reverse for the neck and face. I also carded or mucked the coat prior to bathing with an Andis deshed tool and again after the groom with a mars stripping knife. Finished wit BioGroom mink oil and boar bristle brush.
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

THank you for that info....beautiful job!

Comment

Coming along nicely.

Comment

I love doing Springers except the really behavioral ones and then it is OMG. Very nice.

Comment

To show the progression, this was Sadie's haircut in 2018.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I think both grooms are beautiful. The one from 2018, I appreciate the more natural look down the front legs. I'd maybe do a little less blunt line on the ears. Very nice work.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X