This and that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This and that

Groomed a bunny the other day suoer cute and very sweet. Had a yorkie mix decide my chest was a comfy spot to sit while I was fluffing her. Last, groomed a CKC for the first time that left a wonderful 5 star review saying it was the first time she recieved a haircut she really liked and wanted after trying several groomers. Glad I was able to please her.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Nice work.

Comment

Comment

I love the bow on the bunny!

Comment

Me too. I love bunnies since a kid and I was raised with Beatrix Potter stories. Genius woman of her time. She was the first to put animals in clothing and write stories. She got ridiculed for that but her books sold and sold and sold, she made a fortune and bought over 5,000 acres of land in the Lakes district of England and in a preservation trust to this day preventing from the land from becoming "suburbs." Working farms. One of my life's biggest heroines. Against all odds, and she did with animals and skills.

Comment

There is a great movie about her highly recommended. Rene Zellweger in MIss Potter. Great feel good movie and really interesting at the same time. I have book with all her drawings and history. Yes a great
            heroine.

Naturally I love the pictures and that rabbit with bow is so special. Can you tell us more about how you bathe and groom rabbits. Actually I have never done a rabbit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hellyion View Post
                There is a great movie about her highly recommended. Rene Zellweger in MIss Potter. Great feel good movie and really interesting at the same time. I have book with all her drawings and history. Yes a great
                heroine.

Naturally I love the pictures and that rabbit with bow is so special. Can you tell us more about how you bathe and groom rabbits. Actually I have never done a rabbit.
                I'm gald you like the bunny. I have been grooming small animals for over 20 years starting with my own. I use to show my Rex in 4H as a kid. Thos particular rabbit did not recieve a bath today. Just a nail trim, ears cleaned, and a good brush out.

Rabbits are like cats in that they have super thin skin that can tear super easy. You have to be mindful of this but besides that there isn't much to it. I will wrap them in a towel for nails for comfort and safty as they can not easily hop away. I only clean the ear leather and don't actually clean down in the ear canal like a dog or cat.

For bathing You can purchase dry shampoos for rabbits specifically, but as long as it is safe for cats and kittens it will be safe for rabbits. Wet bath is usually done only if necessary, like poop stuck on or getting ready for showing and you want to try to get staining out. Same with dry bathing, you can purchase shampoo specific for small animals, but any good shampoo safe for cats will work. I like to just squirt shampoo on while they are dry from the mixing bottle. The less you have to spray water on them the less stressed they will get. They really are not to much different than grooming a kitten.

I hope this was helpful.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                  Groomed a bunny the other day suoer cute and very sweet. Had a yorkie mix decide my chest was a comfy spot to sit while I was fluffing her. Last, groomed a CKC for the first time that left a wonderful 5 star review saying it was the first time she recieved a haircut she really liked and wanted after trying several groomers. Glad I was able to please her.
                  Love your pictures!

Comment

Rabbit is adorable and beautiful. Is it a regular you groom?

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post

I'm gald you like the bunny. I have been grooming small animals for over 20 years starting with my own. I use to show my Rex in 4H as a kid. Thos particular rabbit did not recieve a bath today. Just a nail trim, ears cleaned, and a good brush out.

Rabbits are like cats in that they have super thin skin that can tear super easy. You have to be mindful of this but besides that there isn't much to it. I will wrap them in a towel for nails for comfort and safty as they can not easily hop away. I only clean the ear leather and don't actually clean down in the ear canal like a dog or cat.

For bathing You can purchase dry shampoos for rabbits specifically, but as long as it is safe for cats and kittens it will be safe for rabbits. Wet bath is usually done only if necessary, like poop stuck on or getting ready for showing and you want to try to get staining out. Same with dry bathing, you can purchase shampoo specific for small animals, but any good shampoo safe for cats will work. I like to just squirt shampoo on while they are dry from the mixing bottle. The less you have to spray water on them the less stressed they will get. They really are not to much different than grooming a kitten.

I hope this was helpful.
                      Decades of grooming, not a rabbit but love them. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by 4them View Post
                        Rabbit is adorable and beautiful. Is it a regular you groom?
                        This was the first time but they set up for a 6 week schedule when they left.
                        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X