Guess who was hanging out in my yard today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who was hanging out in my yard today

This is just one of the herds that comes through. We have 4 herds now. This one has 11 does to it. My zoom on my camera is not that great, but They were also all the way down the yard.
    Attached Files
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Nice... So much better than what hangs around my work... We get Moose and Mountain Lions. We can see them coming, thank goodness so when we do all the dogs get put inside. We had one bull Moose sneak up one time and a couple dogs went balistic. A girl I work with went to investigate and saw the big huge guy and grabbed the 2 dogs that were outside and ran inside. There are fences all around my work, but we don't take any chances.
    Becky

Comment

Wow they are adorable

omg they are soooo lovely, you are very lucky indeed! We get red legged partriges and pheasants by the dozen in our yard, but rarely do we get deer.
      Thank you for sharing this with us.

Comment

How adorable! I wish I lived in a more country setting. I neer see things like that. I wanna move to Pa!

Comment

How adorable! I wish I lived in a more country setting. I never get to see things like that. I wanna move to Pa!!

Comment

Pretty! We get a lot of deer and elk and some mountain goats up towards Chinook Pass. Cougar sightings have also been on the rise this year, and I think I heard someone say they've seen a wolf.

Comment

Wow, how cool. I live in the city and the only herds I see are herds of squirrels.
              HeHeHe
              Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

I'm jealous. I would love to live in an area where there were deer hanging out in my back yard. I could sit there for hours and watch them (If they hung around that is.) That is a really large herd, isn't it?
                don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Lisa,

Nice, since I moved to PA the only things I see in the fields are people trying to hunt. Had to put a stop to that toot sweet. my babies don't like the gun shot sounds. my uncle owns the fields all around me and he also has a llama farm and they are just beautiful I could watch them for hours!

Comment

very nice the only herds that I see are the dogs of the neighborhood that are allowed to run free grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                    Nancy

Comment

We have a larger herd that come through 13 doe and 2 buck in that one. Believe it or not I don't live in the country. My brother live a mile and a half away in a development and only a few blocks away someone and their god was attacked by a coyote. He also had one in his fenced in yard. Thank god he saw it before he let the dog out.
                      I don't think I would like mt. lions and such creeping around. I would never let my kid outside.
                      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Beautiful!

Beautiful! There is nothing more beautiful than nature at your doorstep! I live in the woods and don't think that I would ever want to live in a traditional neighborhood again. How wonderful!

Comment

some at my house too

I've seen a couple of deer at a time walk through our yard but never a herd like that! Very cool.

I've seen wild turkeys; a muskrat in the pond; and a lot of geese and ducks in our pond and yard during the spring and fall. My favorites to see are the Great Blue Herons that visit the pond to catch frogs - I love those birds - they look like prehistoric pterodactyls! Maybe I'll get a picture sometime, but they are pretty shy. (and they only come one at a time)

Comment

We have huge herds of deer around here, and I wish they'd stay OUT of my yard. They tend to congregate in the field behind my house, and hang their heads over the fence to watch Oli when I take him out in the morning. It drives him nuts!

They're also suicidal. I can't tell you how many dead deer I see laying along side the road. And I know there are just as many, if not more, who run off and die elsewhere.

What a waste of good venison.

Comment

We hardly get deer here because our farm land is flat. We do get opossoms, fox, racoons, coyote, owls, badgers and other stuff but no deer.
                              Iowa is overrun with Bald eagles right now cause of the weird weather. I had a bald eagle flying over my house last week. That was cool cause I was outside to see it. )

Comment

Working...
                              X