Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Win $499 Mystery Prize - Guess the Breed Contest

Every time you post anywhere on the board 11/22/19 to 1/6/20 you get 1 ticket per post in the drawing for the prize. Subject to rules posted here. https://www.petgroomerforums.com/for...-breed-contest
2 of 2 < >

Read the Fall 2019 Issue of PetGroomer.com Magazine Online (free)

PetGroomer.com Magazine is online free. Here is your link to the most current issue https://issuu.com/petgroomer/docs/pg...cember-2019-fi
See more
See less

Cbd brownies. Caution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbd brownies. Caution.

This is very off topic, but I wanted to share a recent experience. I have been buying cbd brownies at my local health store. I usually eat a couple bites, then throw the rest away as they are very filling. No effect on me.
    I ate an entire brownie, became very hungry, then lay down and felt like I couldn't get up for the next few hours. Not high, but definitely sedated like after taking a dose of nyquil. I figured I was exhausted, so didn't mind the strong effect, though it was weird.
    A client has problems sleeping and is desperate for a solution. She tried ordering oil online, with no effect. I bought her 2 brownies. She ate both, panicked because she felt drugged, spent the next 3 hours making herself vomit, did not get sleepy. Not sedated, but for a while rambling in a way that didn't make sense. Awful experience for her. My guess is she is very sensitive to thc, plus panic made it worse. Just a guess. The thc could have been synthetic marijuana, but then the store would be getting many complaints. I don't know.

Brownies with THC have that effect, so the key is to buy a certified THC free organic product. Truly THC free wouldn't do this. I would also buy organic because some growers use various sprays. They may be using a CBD they say it is THC free but is it really? They may not even know for sure themselves. My dogs take some and it makes none of them sleepy because it has truly zero THC. THC absolutely makes on "high" or sleepy or "altered" feeling.

I would also NOT to CBD in the presence of SUGAR. Those brownies must have sugar in them! OMG! In fact, they must. Sugar alone affects people, Then to match that with CBD.

TAKE IT PURE! Slightly flavored, no sugar.

Comment

After watching my client suffer for hours, I am so turned off. or me, Cbd in any form is off limits. Glad it helps some people.

Comment

When THC is processed through the gut and not inhaled like smoking it, it becomes a hallucinagenic as the body breaks down the components differently. It also takes more time to feel the effects of it so it's easy for people to OD on edibles because they eat one, dn't feel anything' eat 2 and than 30 mins to an hour later are screwed. You always eat maybe 1/2 a brownie wait a good 30 mins or so and then if you feel you need more eat the other half.

The next problem is CBD does not contain any THC. If she feels she ate a product that did she should contact the company she purchased it from. And just like with any form of drug, we all process things differently as individuals. She may not be able to use CBD as her body may not handle it well.
        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

The cbd brownies can legally contain a miniscule amount of thc, according to the brownie maker, Coco Jones, who I contacted. Glad it works for some, just use caution. I feel so sad that I suggested the brownies to my client.

Comment

Sorry about this situation Emma.

To all, many people confuse CBD with acting like an analgesic. It is not a quick pain killer, not at all. But one of the leading causes of pain is inflammation. CBD does well against inflammation but it requires at least 30 days to naturally buildup and lower inflammation. So if someone says I took some CBD and felt nothing. Duh! It is not an analgesic type pain killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
              The cbd brownies can legally contain a miniscule amount of thc, according to the brownie maker, Coco Jones, who I contacted. Glad it works for some, just use caution. I feel so sad that I suggested the brownies to my client.
              I did not know that as CBD is derviced from the parts of the plant that do not contain THC which is the buds. I guess if a bud snuck in somewhere during harvesting they would have to allow for a certain amount of THC contamination. That would definitely explain her reaction.

Don't beat yourself up though Emma. Your intentions were good.
              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

She had a doctor drawn blood for a drug test. No thc showed up.
                She told me she has taken medically-prescribed cbd oil. Had no reaction to that.
                2 brownies is 100 mg cbd.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                  She had a doctor drawn blood for a drug test. No thc showed up.
                  She told me she has taken medically-prescribed cbd oil. Had no reaction to that.
                  2 brownies is 100 mg cbd.
                  I don't think it is also the suggestion as possibility of sugar unless she has a background of sugar issues. I know quite a few people that love sugary gummie bears CBD. I would suggest psychosomatic as a consideration, but she has taken CBD before. So maybe it was just something wrong with the batch. There is some bad CBD out there today, and who knows something in the brownie itself is always possible. I asked around and no one I know has ever gotten sick from CBD itself.

Glad she is better, at least I assume that.

Comment

Thank you. Yes, the sickness lasted about 4 hours, so completely healthy now.
                    Thank you everyone for commenting and helping me to stop feeling bad about this! Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                    X