Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop

I admit I know nothing about laptops, but I'm trying. I was watching TV and I noticed they were using a laptop in a car and was on-line too. How can this be? I thought it was like a computer and needed to be connected to a phone line?? Can someone enlighten me?

There is a wireless "card" that can be inserted into a laptop. It's a small box looking thing that has computer chips inside of it. It works like a cell phone almost. There is a base internet system like Comcast or Sprint offers it too that sends signals to this "card" and enables the computer to access the internet with out wires. It can pick up signals from any place that has a internet connection that also works wireless so if they go to far from their base it will pick up other signals and continue to work.
    Becky

Comment

I only know that because my mom's fiance is a big computer guy that builds them and such like that.

Stephen Note: Before you invest if on the road usage is critical check out the service providers, you may find there are more dead zones where you cannot use it. We have plenty of those in our service area. Sometimes we have to pop into a Starbucks or something that has free Internet connection in those areas to get a login signal.
      Becky

Comment

I have a lap top..they didn't TELL me on tv when I bought it it can go w/ if you buy a router.sixty. I am attached to wall in diningroom. There are coffee shop Star---etc that have some receiver or some such thing..cn't imagine in cars tec. I don't get how any of it works..but I know they are extra costs.

Comment

Yes, true, but with modem costs then the router for in my house...room to room then out there I would need Verizon or something besides cox who is my provider...Just too expensive for my PT job at this time. I want another IVAC more.It is called HighSpeed Internet.that is what I have..cox only has that and package $ for tv and phone. Bus phone is dif company w/ groomer ad and Qwest provides #.Dex on line.com has Col orado and another state I think w/Az.

Comment

Working...
          X